Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a Door Blind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the few door handle holes, I just glued a small piece over them and caulked the edges to seal it.

Comment

I wish I would’ve taken more photos when we assembled the blind on location. The roof is all one piece. I framed it with 2x2s and put R-panel on top. After having the platform in place, Setting up the blind was quick- it only took 30 min because each of the doors was held together with the hinge pins. I had a 2x2 along the bottom of each so it was then screwed into the floor. The roof was put on and I put screws through those 2x2s into the side walls. I ran out of time to put the inserts between the doors before opening weekend so they’re missing in one photo. I did put awnings on all windows to keep any rain from coming in or swelling any of the doors. For the windows- I made them myself. I don’t have a photo of them but will get them next time.

I’m very happy with the way it turned out. I still need to add some shelves and stuff but it has held up very nice for this first season. There’s one small part in the front where I see a door is swelling a little. The paint got scraped off there. I need to go around and touch up the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it turned out great! I like the design. I assume you closed those gaps between the doors after you took those pics?

My bad, just reread your post and saw you mentioned taking pics prior to fixing the gaps[emoji1785]
        Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by rolylane6; 01-15-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X