bloodsport arrow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bloodsport arrow question

my current setup is VXR 60lbs, 28" draw, 100gr head, shooting beman 400 ICS bowhunters(26.5" carbon only). bow shoots lights out with them. came across a deal today on bloodsport hunter extreme 350s today. i figured at least i could shoot hogs with them. they were too cheap to pass up. based off of my setup, they are a touch overspined by reading the chart. however, by cutting them 1-2" longer than my 400s, i read it as they would probably be back in the correct spine chart window. this make sense to anyone? i know when i set it up initially the bow shot real well with 340s, i think eastons. i usually dont mix and match arrows.

I usually refer to VAP's arrow spine calculator, its not as detailed as some of the paid arrow spine calculators but you can adjust the numbers and it will show the recommended spine. Looks like a 28.5" would get you to the 350 spine but I am no expert lol

side note I picked up some of those same bloodsport arrows on the cheap.

Comment

I ran the specs through qSpine for you, using the VXR (I assumed 31.5 model) at 60lbs, and 28.5" with 100gr up front would be slightly stiff, and with 125gr tip it would be nearly perfect. Cut to 28.5" c-c, or slightly longer but not shorter than that, and you could try both 100 and 125 point weights to see which work better.

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas. I may try some 125s too.

Comment

Working...
        X