Starting to get excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to get excited

Three week and counting until our muzzleloader hunt at Pedernales Falls State Park annex (January 11-14)Should be a great hunt with only three people hunting this hunt and two are in my group. I’m not sure who the third person is,will see when we arrive.

Would love to apply and do that hunt. But no muzzleloader. Sure wish they would open it up to slug guns, too.

Good luck to you guys, drop a big one !! Or at least fill the freezer !!
    Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-17-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
      Would love to apply and do that hunt. But no muzzleloader. Sure wish they would open it up to slug guns, too.

Good luck to you guys, drop a big one !! Or at least fill the freezer !!
      I’m not too far from this place. Would you like
      To borrow a muzzle loader and
      Go stand by?

Comment

Call me a@
        254-371-4489
        Kirby

Comment

**** brother...thanks for the offer....but i COULDN'T be comfortable with that old-school stuff that quickly. I have filled my freezer pretty dang full this season, as well. Great offer my brother. Pm me.....and delete post with your phone number...just sayin'....

and it doesn't sound like there will be a SB, anyway..

..and...had to edit...this was one of my best hunting seasons...sooo not hurting for venison this year !!!!

Got 2 bucks....one of which was my biggest bodied deer, EVER ...had to be 160+ field dressed...
          Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-17-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Checked in with the hunt coordinator yesterday and concerned with what he said. He said he was going to have to check with the third person who is not on our card to see if he okay with sharing the cabin with us. He said if that person is not okay with sharing the cabin then he will put our name in a drawing to see who gets to stay in the cabin. The others will have to tent camp. It seams to me that if that person is not okay with sharing the cabin they should be the one who tent camps. Am I crazy in that train of thought???

Comment

I agree with you, they should be in the tent.

Comment

Wonder if there is any chance of a standby opportunity? Have they mentioned anything about that.

Comment

I tried state park standby this year and they sent everyone home.

Comment

i have not heard anything on this hunt. I don't think there will be any standby on this hunt since there is only three people hunting. They did say on the listing that there was no standby on this hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                      i have not heard anything on this hunt. I don't think there will be any standby on this hunt since there is only three people hunting. They did say on the listing that there was no standby on this hunt.
                      Thanks for the info.

Comment

Asking the GS to keep your ears open. Trying to reach out to the third person drawn for this hunt on January 11-14. If you hear anything PM me.

Comment

This time next week I will be at my hotel room in Johnson City waiting for the next mornings hunt to start.

Comment

I'd be pumped too! I'll be watching for your reports!

Comment

Sounds like a great time coming

Comment

Working...
                              X