Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #101
elgato
Ten Point

Here is an irony. Ive been hanging out near the river on the Mexican side for over 30 years. I am off the river just a few miles. In all that time I have never seen anyone on the ranch that didn't belong there. Have only gotten pics of anyone maybe twice and that close to a hwy. Granted the military will drive thru the ranch occasionally . But they are friendly. we have a good relationship with them and they never drive thru the ranch during hunting hours Never had anything broken into or damaged in any way.

Not making a point, just observing
elgato is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #102
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

All of them are criminals and need to be arrested and deported immediately to their country of origin. We have an immigration system and itís not broken contrary to what people say and notice when people say our stream is broken they never tell you what exactly is broken about it. Thatís because they canít, itís just a talking point and itís easy and it resonates with ignorant people that donít take the time to dig deeper. Iíve worked in an industry alongside mostly ex-pats for more than 20 years and Iíve watched many many of them go through the process. Is it easy? No. They have to justify they are here doing a job that an American canít and thatís the way it should be. Everyone of these illegals just cheapens the effort of all those that went through the process lawfully to become an AMERICAN. Iíve had colleagues / friends that had to leave because they werenít granted a visa and it ****** me off every time i see an illegal knowing they will eventually get to stay when a productive, educated friend could not.

Itís pretty funny how the govt can gain control over the entire US population in less than a year and force them to stay home, out of restaurants or churches, to wear a mask but we just canít control our borders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 05:41 PM   #103
Bish
Ten Point

So very sad about what's going on

God Bless
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 05:55 PM   #104
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, Kimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
All of them are criminals and need to be arrested and deported immediately to their country of origin. We have an immigration system and itís not broken contrary to what people say and notice when people say our stream is broken they never tell you what exactly is broken about it. Thatís because they canít, itís just a talking point and itís easy and it resonates with ignorant people that donít take the time to dig deeper. Iíve worked in an industry alongside mostly ex-pats for more than 20 years and Iíve watched many many of them go through the process. Is it easy? No. They have to justify they are here doing a job that an American canít and thatís the way it should be. Everyone of these illegals just cheapens the effort of all those that went through the process lawfully to become an AMERICAN. Iíve had colleagues / friends that had to leave because they werenít granted a visa and it ****** me off every time i see an illegal knowing they will eventually get to stay when a productive, educated friend could not.

Itís pretty funny how the govt can gain control over the entire US population in less than a year and force them to stay home, out of restaurants or churches, to wear a mask but we just canít control our borders.

Youíve been speaking a lot of truth! Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #105
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tyler County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJP51 View Post
We don't need immigration. We have enough people. Come to visit and they go home.

Why? Iíve got plenty that were born here that Iíd happily trade for some good legal immigrants. I say let one in....give him seven days to find someone he should replace and explain why. All immigrants arenít bad and all citizens arenít good. Legal immigration should not be easy, but it should be simple. Thatís how all our forefathers got here.

curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 06:30 PM   #106
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Why? Iíve got plenty that were born here that Iíd happily trade for some good legal immigrants. I say let one in....give him seven days to find someone he should replace and explain why. All immigrants arenít bad and all citizens arenít good. Legal immigration should not be easy, but it should be simple. Thatís how all our forefathers got here.

Guess thereís a first time for everything but Iím gonna have to disagree with you Curt. As a ďlaborerĒ...thereís no way we can compete with the South American immigrants. Letís take Mexico for instance. They are use to making $10 a day and come here to make $10 an hour. If you pay me per hour what I was use to making in a day...I will wear a depends diaper and go #1 and #2 in my drawers at my work station. Iíve been busting my *** and have had a steady income since I was 12 and thereís no way I can complete with them. I understand it from a CEO stand point but you need to also look at it from a grunts stand point. Every American that loses their job to an immigrant is another American we have to support via welfare

Old 03-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #107
Randy Madden
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post

This^^^
Randy Madden is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 06:44 PM   #108
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
Guess thereís a first time for everything but Iím gonna have to disagree with you Curt. As a ďlaborerĒ...thereís no way we can compete with the South American immigrants. Letís take Mexico for instance. They are use to making $10 a day and come here to make $10 an hour. If you pay me per hour what I was use to making in a day...I will wear a depends diaper and go #1 and #2 in my drawers at my work station. Iíve been busting my *** and have had a steady income since I was 12 and thereís no way I can complete with them. I understand it from a CEO stand point but you need to also look at it from a grunts stand point. Every American that loses their job to an immigrant is another American we have to support via welfare

You missed my point. I, as CEO, made the decision years ago to use E-Verify for our hiring practices. It differentiates us from the competition, sometimes at a huge disadvantage. But thatís my conscience. What I propose, Is when someone comes here and wants to work, we send them someone that doesnít want to. There is no shortage of lazy, no count, Americans that donít appreciate where they were born.

Old 03-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #109
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Met a guy from Pakistan yesterday. Took him and his wife seven years to immigrant. He wasn’t angry but was proud they did it legally. He worked his way up to finance manager at Atkinson Toyota.
Hogmauler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 07:06 PM   #110
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Quote:
You missed my point. I, as CEO, made the decision years ago to use E-Verify for our hiring practices. It differentiates us from the competition, sometimes at a huge disadvantage. But thatís my conscience. What I propose, Is when someone comes here and wants to work, we send them someone that doesnít want to. There is no shortage of lazy, no count, Americans that donít appreciate where they were born.

There is no shortage of lazy, no count, Americans that donít appreciate where they were born.
You got that right!!
And have no WORK ETHICS..
My dad had a stroke when I was 11 I got me a job.. get of bus 3:30 walked to work at a plant nursery and fruit stand worked until 8:00
All day Saturday and Sunday and give momma my check.
We raised chickens and rabbits for meat.. and had a garden..
Also a wood burning stove.. guess who was the chicken and rabbit cleaner and wood splitter..
Iíve had nothing and Iíve had plenty..
I just hit 59 years old..
bad knees a little chunky, but I get up every day and go make a living.
Bro. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 07:43 PM   #111
Huntingfool
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post
Here is an irony. Ive been hanging out near the river on the Mexican side for over 30 years. I am off the river just a few miles. In all that time I have never seen anyone on the ranch that didn't belong there. Have only gotten pics of anyone maybe twice and that close to a hwy. Granted the military will drive thru the ranch occasionally . But they are friendly. we have a good relationship with them and they never drive thru the ranch during hunting hours Never had anything broken into or damaged in any way.

being on the Mexican side is no problem - 13 years on our lease close to Eagle Pass - this past season we were literally run over by illegals - they walked into our camp and demanded food and water - saw many drug runners walk by our stands - they unplugged our lights at night so they could charge their phones - caught them breaking into our mobile homes - it is a massive issue and real - enough of an issue to make folks not want to hunt south texas
Huntingfool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 09:05 PM   #112
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 09:23 PM   #113
skinsfan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Goliad/Medina County

Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You won’t. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it weren’t for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!
skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 09:34 PM   #114
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post

Yup, seen 2 or 3 in 18 years while hunting.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 09:37 PM   #115
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

im ok with legal immigration but this illegal crap needs to be stopped now and the generational welfare needs to stopped too.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:04 PM   #116
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
What are policies other countries have? What do you have to do to move from Texas to Mexico legally? What do you have to do to be able to get to the money their citizens have paid to the government?
Not sure on any policy specifically, but if millions of people suddenly started invading any other country in the world, ordinance would be flying, almost guaranteed.
It's not something you just kick back and watch, then say, ok let's do something about it.
And the bigger it gets, bigger the death toll.
Cartels will become more emboldened, it will be easier for people to compete with the cartels which will result in killings, more drugs than ever will be flowing across the border, and a million other thing's.
BP will be so overwhelmed, it will become pointless.
It's gonna be nightmare down there, and it's only getting started.
3rd world country
MadHatter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:14 PM   #117
STX_Shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr County

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan View Post
Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You wonít. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it werenít for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!
^this!!!! When I worked at John Deere the majority of the farmers workers were illegals I would say 9 out of 10 didnít speak English but those guys would work their butts off and never complain. They were always grateful and polite, Iím sorry but those people work jobs that most wonít do and get paid a lot less than most. I take offense to some of these comments but I wonít argue about it. My grandparents on both sides crossed that imaginary line years and years ago to make a better life for their kids and Iím grateful for the sacrifice they made.
STX_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #118
McPatrickClan
Ten Point

Even being up North in Tarrant County, we wonder what the experience on the border is actually like. Good thread, in it for the pics, as someone said earlier. Thanks to those who offered constructive comments.
McPatrickClan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:44 PM   #119
B&C
Six Point

Hunt In: Maverick County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingfool View Post
being on the Mexican side is no problem - 13 years on our lease close to Eagle Pass - this past season we were literally run over by illegals - they walked into our camp and demanded food and water - saw many drug runners walk by our stands - they unplugged our lights at night so they could charge their phones - caught them breaking into our mobile homes - it is a massive issue and real - enough of an issue to make folks not want to hunt south texas
Exact same experience and area here. During the 2020 season we blamed the increase on the wall down south, pushing them further up the river. The traffic now is insane. We heard them talking in the brush friday night while we were around the fire but they never approached us. They moved into one of our camp houses after the freeze. They cooked and ate all the food, water, beer, etc, watched TV and opened all the blinds to see if anyone was coming their way. They even stole the BP camera that was in the camp house...... They usually move through us very quickly and this is the 1st time they've camped out for a few days.
B&C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 10:53 PM   #120
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Quote:

Unfortunately those ďlazy, no count, Americans that donít appreciate where they were bornĒ arenít going nowhere...they live off of welfare via our tax dollars. If every company ďmanned upĒ like you did we wouldnít be having this conversation.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:24 AM   #121
topshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public land

Keep those pics coming guys, and try to keep your comments to your experience relating to illegals crossing/ camping or navigating your lease/land somehow.
The goal here isn't to create arguments about who is good or bad, who deserves a job or not, it's to provide eye opening, first hand experience relating to the nature of illegal immigration
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #122
BuckTrail
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
no problema, Amigo..
I see why the fuss
BuckTrail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 06:36 AM   #123
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Quote:
Lots of Americans not willing to do the work immigrants are doing. Try finding US citizens for melon, onion, or cabbage harvest. You wonít. Why would they toss melons for $75/day when they can sit home and collect for doing nothing. Two sides to every argument. If it werenít for immigrants (mostly illegal) you could kiss the ag industry goodbye!

This. Also construction. Itís a generational thing. You donít have young kids getting into trades anymore. Kids arenít coming out of high school and going to be a framer, roofer, concrete guy, electrician, plumber, etc. the white people who end up doing these jobs all have troubled pasts and ďended upĒ in those jobs. Iím all for stopping illegal immigration but good luck trying to find legal Americans to pick up the slack in construction and AG. You will pay double the price for 1/2 the work. Iíve started from the bottom and worked my way up. I was the only white guy on jobs since 2003. Ever other person was either Hispanic or Vietnamese. The white guys that Iíve seen work for us either have 0 drive, horrible attitudes, lazy, drug addicts. Hispanics will be early, work hard and be willing to work late and on Saturday. Yet to see that from a white guy in 18yrs.

FLASH_OUTDOORS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 06:59 AM   #124
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pow Pow!

Quote:
Unfortunately those “lazy, no count, Americans that don’t appreciate where they were born” aren’t going nowhere...they live off of welfare via our tax dollars. If every company “manned up” like you did we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Kudos to Curt!

I love the argument about not being able to find American workers who would work for slave labor wages, zero benefits or fair labor practices.

The employers make out like bandits by hiring illegals . They pay lower wages and don't have to be burdened with employee taxes, unemployment insurance and a host of other costs and fees that other employers have to pay to hire legal workers.

Of course the illegal workers appreciate the work and money, but that doesn't mean they are not being taken advantage of.

The employers that hire the illegals pass all that additional cost on to the taxpayers. They're not saints, they're pimps.

If I'm wrong, prove me wrong.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 07:10 AM   #125
skinsfan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Goliad/Medina County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Kudos to Curt!

I love the argument about not being able to find American workers who would work for slave labor wages, zero benefits or fair labor practices.

The employers make out like bandits by hiring illegals . They pay lower wages and don't have to be burdened with employee taxes, unemployment insurance and a host of other costs and fees that other employers have to pay to hire legal workers.

Of course the illegal workers appreciate the work and money, but that doesn't mean they are not being taken advantage of.

The employers that hire the illegals pass all that additional cost on to the taxpayers. They're not saints, they're pimps.

If I'm wrong, prove me wrong.
I donít think it is a moral argument. I am talking availability of willing labor. I know dozens of farms paying $12+/hour and providing housing that cannot keep employees. When I started in the industry I made $6/hour with no benefits while I put myself through school, every situation is different and I get it but I was glad to have a job and enjoyed what I did. There are a lot of valid points throughout this discussion and I donít have the answer, I am just stating that is a deep, complex problem with lots of folks affected!
skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #126
GA Bowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tree/blind/ground

Quote:
The ag industry would be fine. They would just have to pay higher wages like everyone else does.

The prices at the grocery store would reflect the wage increase.
GA Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #127
BowhunterB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country and Searching

Quote:

Not a bad idea sir - except the part about where are we going to ship the ones that get kicked out? No one else is going to want to take them.
BowhunterB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2021, 10:30 AM   #128
BowhunterB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country and Searching

I do realize the proposal above was primarily hypothetical just carrying to conversation forward.
BowhunterB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 06:04 PM   #129
txheartshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb & Gillespie counties

Had a busy weekend at the lease. Put out 3 more tons of feed, and fixed several holes in the fence that had been cut. Then get this pic today. Appears to be coyotes because theyíre walking back south towards our camp. Hope they didnít take the Spartan with them.

txheartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 PM   #130
Shurshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Frio/Zavala county

Name:  IMG_6687.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  97.1 KB

Shurshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #131
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

Sorry for the double pic.
Attached Images

Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 06:38 PM   #132
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

There trying.
Attached Images

Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #133
TAMU84
Four Point

Hunt In: Kinney County

I was out in brackettville this past weekend turkey hunting. Over the last couple of months we have not seen any come thru our camp but border patrol has been busy. Went turkey hunting Sunday morning at 6:00. Got back to camp at 10:00 and illegals had been in the mobile home I was staying. Took about a case of beer, water and Gatorade from the fridge. Also took all the bread. chips and food from the fridge. I’m sure they could tell someone was staying there. My clothes bag was there along with backpack and laptop. I drove my truck that morning so there wasn’t a vehicle in camp. I’m glad I put all the firearms in the truck Saturday night and closed the container with the side by side.
I never would have dreamed they would go thru camp when lights are on and you can tell that someone had been staying there.
TAMU84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #134
RobinHood
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette, Colorado and Duval Counties

Just saw this on a friends Facebook page from their lease close to Laredo.
Thatís a whole herd of em

RobinHood is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #135
eaglegolfj
Ten Point

I know they are looking for a better life, but you need to go about it the right way.
I can not believe that bidens dumb butt want to give the our money for covid relief. This man is killing this country.
eaglegolfj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:27 PM   #136
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas

I smuggled these two gringos TO Mexico.....does that count?

savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:35 PM   #137
6.5 shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, Hondo, Laredo

Breaking into my ranch house two weeks ago.
Attached Images

6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #138
Milkfisher
Eight Point

Quote:

Facts.
Milkfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 08:49 PM   #139
Milkfisher
Eight Point

Quote:
I like where this is going!

If a Fry is building it.....Ill bid $200
Old 04-22-2021, 08:55 PM   #140
Milkfisher
Eight Point

Quote:

Man......I have to ask, what makes your labor more valuable than someone that wasnt born here? Serious question. If Im willing to pay a guy $18 dollars an hour to dig ditches and Guy A can dig 150' a day and Guy B can only dig 125' a day whos actually earning the hourly wage and who is not?
Old 04-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #141
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:

Most of our forefathers came here the right way, legally. And Ellis Island was no walk in the park to get through.

Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:37 PM   #142
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma (there's no deer there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savin yours View Post
I smuggled these two gringos TO Mexico.....does that count?

Ahhh....Santa Elena Canyon is a very popular crossing point.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:58 PM   #143
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Most of our forefathers came here the right way, legally. And Ellis Island was no walk in the park to get through.

Read my post again. I said LEGAL immigrants. Youíre right, Ellis island wasnít easy, but it was simple...you could either contribute or you could not.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #144
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkfisher View Post
Man......I have to ask, what makes your labor more valuable than someone that wasnt born here? Serious question. If Im willing to pay a guy $18 dollars an hour to dig ditches and Guy A can dig 150' a day and Guy B can only dig 125' a day whos actually earning the hourly wage and who is not?

Where did I say my labor was more valuable? I clearly said I canít compete with them per hour.
But like I said in the last sentence that you quoted every illegal that accepts low wages puts an American worker out of a job and just added another American family to the welfare system. The 16% that you saved is going to cost you and our country way more in the long run

Old 04-23-2021, 04:27 PM   #145
Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montana

Construction wages are higher in Montana because builders donít hire illegal alien laborers, and when they do the WWBs (Working White Boys) have the brass to tell them theyíre not welcome nor wanted here, and to go to California where they are.

And to lighten this up a little-

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #146
TexasTK
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit County & Beyond

Monday they drove thru my fence & I am a mile off any road.
Attached Images

TexasTK is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 05:52 PM   #147
Longue Carabine
Eight Point

Hunt In: Medina County

"It is no doubt very desirable that we should hold out as many inducements as possible for the worthy part of mankind to come and settle amongst us, and throw their fortunes into a common lot with ours. Not merely to swell the catalogue of people. No sir, it is to increase the wealth and strength of the community; and those who acquire the rights of citizenship, without adding to the strength or wealth of the community are not the people we are in want of." -James Madison 1790

Do not let propagandists spouting claims that the United States has "always been about automatic acceptance of everyone," and reciting lines of "Give me your tired, your poor, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless to me . . ." get away with misleading anyone. Do not let anyone get away with usage of 19th century poetry to supersede the actual intent expressed by the creators of this nation.
Longue Carabine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 09:24 PM   #148
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longue Carabine View Post
"It is no doubt very desirable that we should hold out as many inducements as possible for the worthy part of mankind to come and settle amongst us, and throw their fortunes into a common lot with ours. Not merely to swell the catalogue of people. No sir, it is to increase the wealth and strength of the community; and those who acquire the rights of citizenship, without adding to the strength or wealth of the community are not the people we are in want of." -James Madison 1790

Do not let propagandists spouting claims that the United States has "always been about automatic acceptance of everyone," and reciting lines of "Give me your tired, your poor, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless to me . . ." get away with misleading anyone. Do not let anyone get away with usage of 19th century poetry to supersede the actual intent expressed by the creators of this nation.

Great post bud! Keep up the good work

Old 04-27-2021, 10:45 PM   #149
Deadfall65
Eight Point

Hunt In: Iím looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulltx50 View Post
I guess Texas can stage buses at the border and all the catch and release be loaded up and dumped in DC.

This is what Iíve been thinking.

Deadfall65 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 11:17 PM   #150
Bucknaked
Six Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Right here in Hallettsville 3 weeks ago! These pics are of 2 Hondurans that were the only ones caught and only because they were badly broken up! There was a suburban full of them ( fully stripped out with only the front 2 seats) . They were running from our sheriff, lost control and went over a bridge ! These pics are of the 2 and they were waiting to be life flighted! Yes we prayed over them and 1 more young man turned his self in ! We know there were at least 5 more but no one looked for them! It happened again the next day about 4 miles away with a whole van load! I wonder who is paying for both of those life flights.....and hospital bills...

This was about 300 yds from my home!
Attached Images

Last edited by Bucknaked; 04-27-2021 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Edit pics
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top