Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-19-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
Smoore12
Four Point

Default Friends For Life Disney

Curious if anyone here would be going to the friends for life children with diabetes conference at Disney world in July? We have never been and just got an email about it, our daughter is 5 with type 1 diabetes and we are very excited about this possibility for her. If anyone has any experience with this Id love to hear about it!
Smoore12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
asu-indian
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas

I do not, by the grace of God, have any experience with the conference. But if Disney does it, it will be unbelievable. God bless you and your family and may the grace of the Lord heal your child.
asu-indian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 09:26 PM   #3
ACbob
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sabinal & Victoria Cnty

Hey Smoore,
Not going, but I just want to encourage you a bit. I'm now 57. I was diagnosed with Type1 when I was 5 as well. Mom and dad did their best to treat me as any other kid within reason. I feel like I've not been denied anything in life, other than I would like to have served in the military. Paramedic before I graduated HS, state in USTA tennis league, wife of 35 years with 3 kids, etc. Get your sweet child involved in as much as possible without making her feel too different/special. Good luck, you'll do great!
ACbob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top