Issue with Vortex Scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Vortex Scope

I got a Diamondback 4.5-12 x 40 for Christmas and put it on a Savage Axis 308 Non-Accutrigger. It's was mounted and bore sighted on the two piece mounts it comes with. I've taken it out a couple times to try out different round and haven't really figured out which ammo the gun prefers, but what I have noticed is that the scope seems very inconsistent on its focus. When I look through it, the reticle will be out of focus but the target is in focus. I had this problem yesterday at 100 yards, and when I'd get the reticle in focus the target would then blur. There didn't seem to be any mid point I could find with it. On the other hand, my Nikon Pro staff is as clear as a bell; same magnification.

Any ideas? Should I send it off to Vortex?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

So between the diopter and focus, it wouldn't settle in?

Comment

Call Vortex.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
        So between the diopter and focus, it wouldn't settle in?
        Seems like it, but then I pulled it out of the safe and looked again...clear as a bell. Not sure what's going on with it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd say this is the best time to use that warranty.

Comment

Vortex aren’t what they used to be! When they changed hands the quality went down, but before that they were awesome!

Comment

only high end models are good i had same focus issue with them sent it in and they said ut was in spec offered me half off a different scope so i did that and now have two junky scopes

Comment

Working...
              X