Right arrow for bow? Or is it me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    YouTube Ranch Fairy. Some people don’t like him but his channel is a wealth of knowledge on tuning your whole set up especially arrows.

Thanks! He was mentioned above. Will give it a look this evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

X3 on Ranch Fairy

Comment

Thanks for the info guys and for me to check out Ranch Fairy. Nock tuning makes sense and will be the first thing on my list as I prepare for the upcoming hunting season.

Comment

Bareshaft from short yardage and index your shafts to see which way they spin without fletchings. Your fletching right helical but your shafts may tending to be spinning counter clock wise.

I know one guru on here who shoots a wheel bow right handed and fletches left. I shoot a longbow right handed and due to my form...my shafts index ccw and Ive since fletched left for that setup.

Good luck Mr2005

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Bareshaft from short yardage and index your shafts to see which way they spin without fletchings. Your fletching right helical but your shafts may tending to be spinning counter clock wise.

I know one guru on here who shoots a wheel bow right handed and fletches left. I shoot a longbow right handed and due to my form...my shafts index ccw and Ive since fletched left for that setup.

Good luck Mr2005

Will be doing this soon. How can you tell which way they spin?

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
              Will be doing this soon. How can you tell which way they spin?
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHyqiDyFFXE"]Which way to fletch a helical Chris Perkins - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I did bareshaft tuning recently, and was kind of surprised that the arrows were spinning left out of the bow (RH shooter). Likely has to do with the serving and string twist. I changed to left helical, and groups are more consistent.

RF had a video in the past week or so about arrow tuning - definitely watch that one.

Comment

My guess is that you're underspined, though, at 70lbs and 28.5 arrow. In qSpine it shows to be on the weak side of the dial, wheras 300s are closer to optimal and leaning stiff. 300s with 125gr points look to be about perfect, in the software at least. Do some paper and bareshaft tuning and you'll have more data. You could also dial the bow back about 5 lbs and see if they fly better, which will tell you that you might be underspined as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                    My guess is that you're underspined, though, at 70lbs and 28.5 arrow. In qSpine it shows to be on the weak side of the dial, wheras 300s are closer to optimal and leaning stiff. 300s with 125gr points look to be about perfect, in the software at least. Do some paper and bareshaft tuning and you'll have more data. You could also dial the bow back about 5 lbs and see if they fly better, which will tell you that you might be underspined as well.
                    That is what I was thinking. I’m at 29” @ 70 lbs with 125 up front and shoot 300’s. Looks like at 100 should still be at 300’s, thought I was always told better to go stiffer. How is your FOC?

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                      How is your FOC?
                      My FOC varies between 12-15.5%, depends on which setup I’m shooting.
                      I don’t get too worked up about it.

Comment

Ive had a suspicion or concern that the arrows could be under spined but just haven’t had the time to look into it further until now. Part of me thinks that the poundage is just a little bit over 70lbs as well maybe 2-3lbs but would need to confirm that. Might look into getting some 300s and seeing how they shoot with 125 grain tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
                          Ive had a suspicion or concern that the arrows could be under spined but just haven’t had the time to look into it further until now. Part of me thinks that the poundage is just a little bit over 70lbs as well maybe 2-3lbs but would need to confirm that. Might look into getting some 300s and seeing how they shoot with 125 grain tips.

I bet if you go to a 300 spine it will fix your woes... truthfully anyone shooting 70lbs over a 28” draw should look into going to a 300 spine IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                            I bet if you go to a 300 spine it will fix your woes... truthfully anyone shooting 70lbs over a 28” draw should look into going to a 300 spine IMO

Agreed, especially with 330+ IBO bows.

Comment

My FOC varies between 12-15.5%, depends on which setup I’m shooting.
                              I don’t get too worked up about it.
                              Should be good with that. I was just curious. I have 125’s up front and added 50gr weight to the insert to get to 17%. I do shoot fixed blade heads.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post

Just ordered some 300s today. Will be able to start practicing soon. Next step is figure out what broadhead I want now that I’ll be going up to 125.

Comment

Working...
                                X