No announcement yet.

LRGV La Sal Del Rey Youth Hunt thread semi-live 20201204

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best live hunt I've followed in a long time! Sorry he didn't connect but yall have some lifetime memories!

Comment

That was fun to follow man. Still a great hunt.

Comment

Y’all really put in the effort too bad. Thanks for bringing us along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Huge hindsight thought here. Everybody told me how tough these things are so I thought kiddo needed to use my gun. He shoots a 308 and I absolutely error'd in not letting him shoot his own gun. Times like tonight the rifle familiarity can make all the difference.

Comment

Great live thread.
            Thanks for taking us along

Comment

What an awesome thread and hunt ing adventure you brought all of us on justletmein--you should be proud of yourself for showing your son the true ways of the woods.

Its not always about the kill- the hunt itself can be very satisfying..

You guys never gave up

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was fun especially when I had time to post while kiddo was hunting. I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty disappointed but if I wasn't then I wouldn't really care about any of it. We had opportunities every single day, sometimes you get super lucky and sometimes you catch all the bad breaks and this is just one of those things where you've got to enjoy the experience and the thrill of the hunt for what it is. It's still a heck of a great time even when you don't seal the deal.
                Those of yall with hunts coming up, shoot me a PM if you want any specific details or waypoints. I don't want to post stuff like that here or you'll have internet googlers in your spots.

Edit: to clarify, no shots were taken tonight. We were a second or two away from a GOOD shot multiple times (like 6 times).
                Last edited by justletmein; 12-06-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

All packed up and headed home. Kiddo gettimg hours for his learner's permit while he's on lunch break. If yall never hear from me again it's been nice knowing yall! I always said I'm driving so I'm in charge of the radio, he just pulled that **** on me and so far he's played Taylor Swift AND Luke Bryan.

This was the first time using that Hawk Crawler and I gotta day it's a dream going over all the hog ruts and doesn't dig in soft ground. Tires collect a little mud though. We didn't have it loaded down unfortunately but probably around 50 lbs and it pulled nicely.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Justletmein,
                    I found this post late, what a great write up! Wish y'all could have sealed the deal. My son and I got drawn for East Lake next week, however we just got an email that we have been moved to Sal del Rey. I was hoping you could pm me and maybe share some info about your hunt? I'd pm you but I'm too new to the site to be able to pm.
                    Thanks,
                    Josh

Comment

Josh,

how'd y'all do at Laguna Atascosa? My friend shot a nice bull on last day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiphellcat View Post
                        Justletmein,
                        I found this post late, what a great write up! Wish y'all could have sealed the deal. My son and I got drawn for East Lake next week, however we just got an email that we have been moved to Sal del Rey. I was hoping you could pm me and maybe share some info about your hunt? I'd pm you but I'm too new to the site to be able to pm.
                        Thanks,
                        Josh
                        Sent you a PM bud.

Comment

I know they had a youth hunt this last weekend that was pretty successful and another one scheduled this weekend. Will be interested to see how the February hunts go for everyone as these animals are getting more pressure than they have ever had. I’ve got a tag for the last February hunt and haven’t decided if I want to make the long trip or not yet. We have had good success at East Lake and I was familiar with it, so I was a little bummed when they moved it.

Comment

Went home empty handed, could have filled white tail tags... but only saw 3 bulls with no shot opportunity

Comment

wouldn't let me PM you back sent you an email. may have hit your spam.
                              thanks again,
                              J

Comment

Working...
                              X