LRGV Teniente 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benson View Post
    This is a couple of county roads over from Teniente on Brushline Rd. Mid December last year around rut time. My brother was patrolling the area and said this guy just stared at him foe a while and walked away without much fanfare. County roads on Teniente are similar and not much farther from where this pic was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That, as they say, is a dandy. Thanks for posting it

Comment

gburk I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Benson View Post

This is a couple of county roads over from Teniente on Brushline Rd. Mid December last year around rut time. My brother was patrolling the area and said this guy just stared at him foe a while and walked away without much fanfare. County roads on Teniente are similar and not much farther from where this pic was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes sir, a very nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by ninemile View Post
          gburk I sent you a PM
          got it! any way to configure email notifications on this site? had some other messages just sitting there too.

Comment

Drawn for February 25 hunt with two sons. Trying to sync up schedules before buying permits. I've hunted Laguna Atascoa several times but this will be the first time for this place.

Comment

I drew Teniente November 19-22. I have never been there but looking forward to it. Will be at Laguna Dec 4-8.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay6x45 View Post
                I drew Teniente November 19-22. I have never been there but looking forward to it. Will be at Laguna Dec 4-8.
                Same, Nov 20 is my 35th Birthday and hoping I can connect while down there.

Comment

Teniente is much different than LA. Smaller(9K acres), easier to access the main body, more deer will be seen.

Comment

I'm not really interested in whitetail unless I see a monster deer or it's the last day. I'm all in for Nilgai. How does the Nilgai population at Teniente compare to LA?

Comment

I was drawn for East Lake Unit November 13-15th. I never been to this unit, even though I hunted Laguna Atascosa several years back

Comment

3 of us were drawn for the exotic rifle hunt Jan 28-31. Very excited and looking forward to it. The info on here has been extremely helpful!

Comment

While LA has numbers on the Nilgai, I am not sure that Teniente does. My guess is there are more per square mile than LA but finding them is another matter. Private land around it and some refuge land off limits to hunting make good hiding areas too.

Comment

On my hunt there a couple season ago, I saw 25-30 Nilgai total on the huntable sections. About half were driving down the roads and others were while hunting. I did see two monster dark blue/black bulls. One riding my bike out on the first afternoon and one at 70 yards while cleaning the deer I had just shot.

Comment

I saw 2 nice bulls last year while bow hunting but did not have a hundred yard pin on the sight.

Comment

Can you access most areas with a game cart or is a meat pack more appropriate?

Comment

Working...
                                X