• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
    Call Sam at Daughtrey and ask him.
    Brother is suppose to call today.
    I bet he forgot!!!

Comment

Got drawn for the North Shore part for the 12/1-12/3.

Comment

Drawn for 12/8 - 12/10 GDM hunt. Thanks for all the information on cabins and compartments above. Waiting on 2nd e-mail on compartment info before deciding where to camp. Weather looks to be mild so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
          Call Sam at Daughtrey and ask him.
          Brother called Monday and was told emails were going out that same day. I got the email but nothing about selecting a compartment other than the groups would draw compartments in the order that they were drawn. My brother said if he don’t hear something by this weekend, he’s just gonna book a motel room in Tilden. Going to leave Monday afternoon and meet up with everybody that night. Hunt starts Tuesday afternoon.

Comment

I booked at the Texas Inn. Dad is getting up in years and not at all excited about camping. To be honest, I'm good with the hotel as well.

Looks like some decent weather next week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. I’ll be there mid December.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                I booked at the Texas Inn. Dad is getting up in years and not at all excited about camping. To be honest, I'm good with the hotel as well.

Looks like some decent weather next week.

We are or were looking at renting a couple of cabins on the lake, but not knowing for sure what compartment, probably be in a motel room. That way if we are on north side or south side, won’t be a far drive either way.

Comment

At Daughtrey doe hunts, compartments really don’t matter. Corn plenty and you’ll bring home a doe.

Comment

We’re on the 12/8-12/10 hunt. Not really sure how everything works.
                    People are saying they hunted units 1–10, but the map says 1-6 and 9-10 are closed except for waterfowl only. Unless there’s a different map for compartments on the deer hunts?

Comment

I hunted there several years ago. Had a great time. 2 shooters came out within 15 mins of being there. I posted a map of where I was not too long ago here in TBH (as well as a mini write up on being there). If you can't find it, hit me up and I will gladly share.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        Yep!!
                        Me, brother, his son, and son in law. Except we hunt 12/1 - 12/3.
                        Will be curious to hear how y'all did. Good luck this week! I'll be out there next week.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          We are or were looking at renting a couple of cabins on the lake, but not knowing for sure what compartment, probably be in a motel room. That way if we are on north side or south side, won’t be a far drive either way.
                          I have been there twice this year with my kids. The first time we stayed in Kickin Bass Cabins which is closer to Three Rivers. We hunted compartment 9 so it worked out as it was only 15 minutes from these cabins. The cabins are very nice and they have an outdoor pavilion area to hang out in after the hunt. They also serve dinner on site which ended up being very convenient.

Weekend before last we went on the youth management hunt and stayed at the Tilden Country Inn in Tilden. They are cabins as well and are quite a bit cheaper than Kickin Bass........Not near as nice as but plenty good for a weekend. We hunted in 10 that weekend so only about 20 minutes from the cabins and they are about 20 minutes from the HQ so would also be convenient for the rest of the compartments.

Comment

A couple years ago we stayed at the hotel that use to call Bass Inn. Pay cash $40 a night.

Comment

Barely have enough of service out in the field to text. We picked compartment 4. It has 4 box blinds on it. I set up 2 pop ups. Could have shot my doe this evening but held off. Would rather shoot my doe in the morning!!!
                              Brother had a shot, or should I say he thought he had a shot. It was close to dark, put the deer in the scope and was getting ready when a head popped up. Come to find out, it was 3 deer lined up just right that it looked like one!!! Said he was glad he didn’t shoot. Nephew had a real nice 10 come out on him but we can only shoot 7pt or less & at least 12 inches wide.

Comment

I'm out on the hunt this week as well.

Like said above, passed several doe and had a narrow 5 and a questionable 6 in my lane. The 6 hung around for 45 minutes but after the orientation from the biologists and reading about a game warden being called at the chap last week I didn't think he was worth it. Looks to be 12 or just over, forked on his left and 4 on his right. No brows.

Killed 3 pigs at dark, a decent sized sow that was really drawn down to skin and bones.

Also called in a young cat.

Had a couple large doe at 200-300 yards, will pick one out in the morning for the skinning pole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201201_182740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	24638413

Name:	20201201_172938.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24638414

Name:	20201201_172845.jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	24638415

Name:	20201201_171906.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	24638416

Last edited by Slick8; 12-01-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X