2018 Silverado..in the shop already..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Silverado..in the shop already..

After 37,000 miles I've managed to find the limits of my stock OEM parts! Took truck into dealer for an alignment and service when they called me to inform me I have issues..
    -leaking water pump
    -upper and lower ball joints are shot
    -tie rods are shot

Trucks just got a 3.5" lift and 33s. Maybe the dealership is pulling my leg a little but everything they are fixing is under my extended warranty so I'm not out any money.. Either I drive this thing too hard or they just don't make things to last anymore these days.

On a good note, they gave me a 2019 loaner to drive for a week.

I've been scammed multiple times by a couple bad eggs in Parkway service department. As a result, I'm skeptical of dealership service depts. BUT if under warranty and not paying out-of-pocket, good deal!

Comment

Are your torsion bars maxed out? This can cause all sorts of ball joint and tie rod issues...

Comment

45 K miles and none of that is wrong with my 2018

Comment

Lift kits will do it a lot of times

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
            Are your torsion bars maxed out? This can cause all sorts of ball joint and tie rod issues...
            This, surprised they warrantied anything with modified suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
              This, surprised they warrantied anything with modified suspension
              Me too. Most of the time the lifts and bigger wheels and tires cause the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
                After 37,000 miles I've managed to find the limits of my stock OEM parts! Took truck into dealer for an alignment and service when they called me to inform me I have issues..
                -leaking water pump
                -tie rods are shot

Trucks just got a 3.5" lift and 33s. Maybe the dealership is pulling my leg a little but everything they are fixing is under my extended warranty so I'm not out any money.. Either I drive this thing too hard or they just don't make things to last anymore these days.

I had 2018 that needed a new transmission after 2,000 miles. Ball joints and tie rods at 17,000. They don't make them like they use to for sure.

Comment

my 2018 loved to eat transmissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
                    -leaking water pump
                    -tie rods are shot

The water pump I can't help with but I can shed some light on the steering/suspension.

The 3.5 lift is your problem. The only 3.5 kits I know of are just wayyyyy over stretched leveling kits. You will go through TREs and Ball Joints every 20-30k that way. I'm suprised you made it that long. Take a look at the angles on your A-Arms, Tire Rods, and Ball Joints. You will eat CV boots as well.

Comment

Chevy’s have had bad ball joints for yrs.

My son kept having to replace at around every 30K

Comment

Paging Brandon....lol

My BIL 2018 was one the the biggest pos hes ever driven 2 transmissions and several sensors later. He was a die hard chevy guy until that truck. Driving a f 350 now and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                          Chevy’s have had bad ball joints for yrs.

My son kept having to replace at around every 30K
                          Broad brush. I get 70-80k out of mine generally. I drive like an idiot and everything has been GM and lifted for the last 15 years. I've honestly never hard GM has "bad ball joints"

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                            Broad brush. I get 70-80k out of mine generally. I drive like an idiot and everything has been GM and lifted for the last 15 years. I've honestly never hard GM has "bad ball joints"
                            Just stating my son’s experience

After replacing four of them he quit Chevy.

Glad you’re having good luck

Comment

I have 135k on my 2015 -1/2 ton Chevy. No problems, just routine maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                              X