No announcement yet.

Benbrook Lake 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 13 year old son got it done on the Brook this week. His first buck and first archery buck. All I will say is I’ve had 5 huge encounters and did clean miss a 140”.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Do you still have a muddy cell cam padlocked to a tree on the Richardson Slu side of the lake? Is so I gave you a hello today.
      PUlled my stuff on the 10th. Hope ya'll are having great luck.

Comment

My 13 year old son got it done on the Brook this week. His first buck and first archery buck. All I will say is I’ve had 5 huge encounters and did clean miss a 140”.
        Congrats to your son! I hope he is nice to you about missing your buck

Comment

congrats to your boy and thanks for leaving some out there for next year

Comment

Congrats to your son on the buck! And to you Cory!

Comment

If anyone is hunting this next block at Benbrook please PM me for assistance. Thanks.

Comment

I gave it a solid try. My stint is over. I've got some large bucks on camera out there. I did find someone's game cart chained to a tree with a camo burlap on top. Anyone's?

Comment

Start my hunt tomorrow. 2 days to get it done out there. Wish I had more time but 2 is better than zero.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                    Start my hunt tomorrow. 2 days to get it done out there. Wish I had more time but 2 is better than zero.
                    2 days is always better than 0. You have any luck out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Kev View Post
                      2 days is always better than 0. You have any luck out there?
                      Had a large buck under my stand Saturday morning...of course lol
                      Left stand to make a midday appointment and had a spike show up 30 min after I got down.
                      Hunted Saturday eve, had a deer come in after shooting time ended...of course.

Sunday morning sat a different spot and had 2 doe 85 yards out. Camera told me I had several doe under my stand from prior day at 830 am.

Stayed home sunday night and had more deer under my stand before dark...

Was fun to see deer, just not the right kind or close enough. It's tough to get it done in 2 days when deer have been highly pressured all season.

Maybe next year I'll get a full 2 weeks. This is the first year in a long time that I havent pulled at least one off benbrook.

Comment

Does this application have to be in person? Is it one the internet? Gonna try to put in for it next year

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, it's on the internet. They usually don't update it until mid-summer. Mail it in or drop it off at the office-either works. It will be due by a mid-August date.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                            Yes, it's on the internet. They usually don't update it until mid-summer. Mail it in or drop it off at the office-either works. It will be due by a mid-August date.
                            Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Due to covid you have to mail in the application. It will be mid summer before the deer/turkey application is posted.

Comment

Well we didn't get drawn for the Spring turkey hunt this year. A little disappointed but I hope the ones that did get drawn have a good season. I did find some new fishing sites while searching for turkeys last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X