Spartan mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartan mowers

Looking for a new 54” ZTR. My bad boy is almost 11 years old and I’ve been very happy with it, just looking to upgrade. Because I’ve been so pleased with it, bad boy is at the top of my list. I went yesterday and looked at a BB maverick and a Spartan RT PRO. I’m up to date on the story of Spartan/Bad boy but I want some real world testimonies.

Pics for texture:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't mowed on either, but was looking at the Spartan a few years ago. They seem to be very well made.

On another note, I wish these tire manufacturers would make some of these new tires that they are making specifically for individual mowers available to the general purchaser.

Comment

I know a guy running Spartan only complaint he was it it seems to clog in wet / heavy grass and start throwing chunks. His Other mowers do a better job of mulching/discharging. Otherwise he said it’s been good.

Comment

I’ve still got my bad boy that you came and looked at. Haven’t had any issues yet. I’be been eyeing something with suspension like the Maverick. I’m pretty sure I’d go back with a bad boy though.

Comment

I run a Spartan RT HD 54” and love it, I mow right at 3 acres in no time. I did research on a ton of mowers before I bought and I have very pleased.

Comment

Ended up with the SRT PRO 54”

Comment

Looks awesome, keep us updated on how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                Ended up with the SRT PRO 54”

What made you got with the Spartan ?

Comment

Got a 54” recently and it’s a beast. You won’t regret getting one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    What made you got with the Spartan ?

Simple answer.....build quality. I was convinced on a bad boy maverick, because of my experience with my last bad boy. I went and looked at the maverick, then I went across town to look at the spartan(never seen one in person). I could tell the difference in just looking at them. Plus, it has Parker transmissions and the suspension.
                    Quite the upgrade!

Comment

Let me know how you like it. I have a Bad Boy that is 9 years old and I was looking to replace it with a Spartan also.

Comment

good golly,, thats a BIG difference, hope to hear your opinion on the Spartan, after some use.... Looks Nice

Comment

Working...
                        X