Feeder Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Question

What are the do’s and don’ts about feeders. I might be asked (let on a lease from a friend), and starting to plan.

Looking at a wench style corn feeder. What are the pros and cons?

What about protein feeders? Is one style better than others?

Thanks for the information!

Stand and fill all the way. Hate my winch up now.

Comment

Winch up feeders are a thing of the past. Look at the Lamco Low and Throw, or save some $ and get an EZ feeder from Bucees.

For protein I’d recommend a timed feeder. All Seasons has a good enough one. I love my Lamco trough feeder. It ain’t cheap though.

Comment

Feeder Question

No pea gravel !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get a winch up feeder, make sure the winch is a brake winch.

Comment

Feeder Question

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
            What are the do’s and don’ts about feeders. I might be asked (let on a lease from a friend), and starting to plan.

Looking at a wench style corn feeder. What are the pros and cons?

What about protein feeders? Is one style better than others?

Thanks for the information!

As I get older my feeders get lower. I will never buy another feeder that is not stand and fill. I’ve got one now but can’t justify spending the money to replace 4 feeders that are working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a stand & fill feeder. I like the krivoman timed feeders myself.

Comment

Stand and fills can be loaded by 10 year olds. They cant winch up 300lbs of corn

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Do: get Lamco low and throw feeders
                  Don’t: waste time with winch feeders

Lately I’ve been buying the Texas Hunter Products xtreme protein feeders. I really like those protein feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    This and make sure the cable is stainless. Don't ask me how I know.
                    The stand and fill is the way I am going.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      I have "Winch Up" the were my Dads growing up. All three are dated 1970. Upgraded the Funnels, motors, and replace the Boat "forearm wrist breaking" Winch with one with a Brake. Still going strong.

Comment

Had 4 winch up..served me well..BUT only 1 disaster when pulley broke and feed slammed to ground in front of me...No harm to me But what it could have been made a believer out of me....I looked at all stand and fill and utubed..Built 5 my own style (stand and fill) with 55g barrel on slideable skids pull with ATV... My GS took3..and had 1 Tripod winch type that he still used..A few weeks ago he got LUCKY ...Hook broke and barrel fell in front of him..He's now a wanting another (stand and fill).
                        The hook and the pulley both were rated for over 500# and looked fine..only common issue was MADE in CHINA...
                        The con on stand and fill.they take way more room to store,at home..I noticed that now that I lost lease and storing...Hope to find another lease soon...

Comment

Texas Hunter Products xtreme protein feeders (mine can be filled from the tailgate)
                          ASF stand and fill
                          Texas hunter 10ft blind ( rifle) krivoman blind

Comment

The winchup feeders scare me particularly when some da walks under them. 300 pounds of corn could permanently eliminate your need for a hunting license.

Comment

Winch up feeders are only dangerous when you do not inspect and maintain them on a regular basis. Stuff wears out, and when it shows signs, replace them.

Comment

Working...
                              X