Trailer lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer lights

I have a 2010 F150. I used to get a message saying "trailer connected" and "trailer disconnected" when hooking up and unhooking. I do not get that message anymore and the lights on the trailers are no longer working. Fuse issue? Any thoughts before I take it in? Thanks.

Most common problem with trailer lights is the ground.

Comment

Ground wires on the trailers are all good. I used a friends trailer and had the same problem, no running lights, but the brake lights worked, and the turn signals worked.

Comment

Trailer lights

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
        Ground wires on the trailers are all good. I used a friends trailer and had the same problem, no running lights, but the brake lights worked, and the turn signals worked.

Check the connection behind the plug on your pickup. I’ve had problems with dirt getting in there and causing issues. I’d clean everything out really good and add some dielectric grease.

This is on my 19 F250, but it should be the same type of connector behind the plug on your 150.
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Raider4044; 04-21-2021, 07:54 AM.

Comment

^same thing happened on my f250. I pushed the plug up on the back of the plug(if that makes sense) and ran a short self tapper screw into it. Haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Much obliged, I will crawl under it this afternoon. It was weird, getting the messages and then it stopped. Thanks.

Comment

Of that doesn’t work I would check the fuses. My running lights were out on a trailer but stop and turn signals worked. Ended up being 2 different fuses.

Comment

Thanks cajun

Comment

Did you ever figure it out??

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Most common problem with trailer lights is the ground.
                    This..............

Comment

Working...
                    X