No announcement yet.

Constitutional Carry in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criminals exercise their God given right to carry a firearm, why can't we do it too

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      The training should be on the person making the decision to carry the gun, not mandated by the government and taxed to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I did not say or imply any sort of mandated training....
      freaking common sense, should tell you a little training is necessary, its not even the training i thing training is the wrong term, should be knowledge of the law

Comment

Just sent a letter and donation to TSRA.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Our elected officials don't give a rats arse about us. Republicans could've pasted this for the last 25 years. It's just a crumb trail.
          Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I'm all for it.....but it smells like bs!
          Keep the faith, Brother. Don't let your negativity keep you from having hope for a better future. Without hope, what do we have?

We don't have to send money, we really need to contact our reps and state senator to push this.

Comment

It's looking good so far. I think the crud with the election and the fed administration is helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              The training should be on the person making the decision to carry the gun, not mandated by the government and taxed to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I wish everyone who carried would take at least basic training but the vast majority never will. The training given now is minimal and since there is no recert requirements, wasted.

That said most will never fire their weapon in defense. That's a good thing. But if you fire your weapon and hurt an innocent because of a lack of training I'd bet it will cost you in court.

The whole point of constitutional carry is the government not having the say in it. But in the end the courts, and maybe even insurance companies will have a say.
              Like the AHCA, pass it and we'll deal with the rest as it comes.

Comment

Why don't people just get LTC permit and might learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I wish everyone who carried would take at least basic training but the vast majority never will. The training given now is minimal and since there is no recert requirements, wasted.

That said most will never fire their weapon in defense. That's a good thing. But if you fire your weapon and hurt an innocent because of a lack of training I'd bet it will cost you in court.

The whole point of constitutional carry is the government not having the say in it. But in the end the courts, and maybe even insurance companies will have a say.
                  Like the AHCA, pass it and we'll deal with the rest as it comes.
                  A very well trained 26 year veteran of law enforcement made a mistake and will pay for it. If i carry i assume that risk and responsibility. training will not prevent accidents or consequences

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                    Criminals exercise their God given right to carry a firearm, why can't we do it too
                    Word

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      A very well trained 26 year veteran of law enforcement made a mistake and will pay for it. If i carry i assume that risk and responsibility. training will not prevent accidents or consequences
                      Agree 100%

Comment

a very well trained 26 year veteran of law enforcement made a mistake and will pay for it. If i carry i assume that risk and responsibility. Training will not prevent all accidents or consequences
                        fify

Comment

Comment

Constitutional Carry passed here in Iowa a few weeks ago. I will still renew my Iowa Permit to Carry Weapons which actually includes more weapons... long knives, machetes, swords etc. than my Texas permit. I will keep my Iowa and Texas permits current for the convenience of buying from a FFL dealer. We also don't have the 30.06/30.07 rule here.

Our Governor Kim Reynolds also told the Biden administration to stick it on the child migrant situation. She said the border surge "Is not our problem" and declined federal help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                              https://senate.texas.gov/members.php

Call and email your Senators, let them know a vote against this is a vote against their re-election
                              Just completed to my TX State Senator

Comment

That's comparing apples to oranges and you know it. The private citizen wont be making a traffic stop and trying to take into custody a suspect with a felony warrant.
                                The burden of responsibility on an officer is unbelievably high as is the chances of being in a kinetic situation.
                                The officer made a mistake and the consequence were high for both of them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X