Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife was in a wreck this morning, next steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyer Up

One call that's all. Morris Bart. You need a good Lawyer. You never know what effects your wife might have down the road later on. Don't take that chance with your wife's life.

Comment

At this point in time, her insurance company suggests filing on the company that hit hers insurance (which we are okay with) but said if they start dragging their feet or won’t answer questions we have to go ahead and file with them.

Would just have to pay deductible out of pocket

The number for the “middle man” we got for the companies insurance has stated that a claim has already been started and that the actual insurance company that covers the guy that hit her will contact us today or tomorrow re: rental cars/vehicle damages/lost wages etc.

Is that normal? Like the info she was given was not for an actual insurance company but a broker of some sort?

Next phone call is to a lawyer to make sure that we are taking the right path.

What a pain in the neck this is, just trying to go to work and some dude not paying attention causes us to deal with this nonsense.

Comment

LAWYER

nuff said

And don't call one, GET one!!
        Last edited by WCB; 03-31-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

If she's hurting now, she's liable to hurt for a long time. Me and my wife were rear ended 40 years ago and her neck still gives her trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
            At this point in time, her insurance company suggests filing on the company that hit hers insurance (which we are okay with) but said if they start dragging their feet or won’t answer questions we have to go ahead and file with them.

Would just have to pay deductible out of pocket

The number for the “middle man” we got for the companies insurance has stated that a claim has already been started and that the actual insurance company that covers the guy that hit her will contact us today or tomorrow re: rental cars/vehicle damages/lost wages etc.

Is that normal? Like the info she was given was not for an actual insurance company but a broker of some sort?

Next phone call is to a lawyer to make sure that we are taking the right path.

What a pain in the neck this is, just trying to go to work and some dude not paying attention causes us to deal with this nonsense.
            Was the number to an independent adjuster? Some companies will use these.

As an agent everything sounds like its going as should at this point. As far as medical bills just keep up with everything so you make sure all bills and out of pocket are paid for.

Comment

His Insurance will cover all medical to his policy limit for BI. Keep all medical records.

Get a lawyer if need but do know once you involve lawyers his Insurance company will most likely not speak with you. All information will have to go through your lawyer.
              Last edited by game_Chaser; 03-31-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Thomas J. Henry

Comment

Like others have said, get you a good attorney....now.

Don't give a statement or discuss it with the other company without an approval of your attorney (won't happen).

Comment

Sorry to hear your wife was in a MVC! Prayers sent for her recovery!

DO NOT LET HER GIVE A RECORDED STATEMENT!!!

You need an attorney.

I sent you a PM with initial steps. Give me a call if you need any additional information and I will be happy to answer any questions that you have. I have been working in personal injury law for a looooong time.

Comment

Be prepared for everything in your truck to be "missing" when you go get it.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                        We are already out of pocket for dr visit, but don’t want to pay to much more without making sure insurance is covering the rest.
                        Being that everyone has already provided the same advice I would, I was curious about this part. If she's hurting I would suggest handling her medical needs out of pocket (and her health insurance carrier) and worry about recouping expenses later.

Comment

As WCB said, get a Lawyer. This happened to me and daughter about 20 years ago, daughter has had back problems ever since, you need to get a Lawyer to make sure you get care for all medical things that my come up from this wreck.

God Bless
                          Bish

Comment

Hope it all works out for you and your wife.

Comment

Get a lawyer. I was glad I had one after my accident. Just not having to deal with insurance companies and being able take care of my family helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                                Thomas J. Henry
                                Wouldn't hire this POS if the last on earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X