No announcement yet.

Snow-mageden electric bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our electric bill was about $350. Ours is all electric but we burned through a lot of wood in the fireplace trying to help it out.

Comment

My problem is we never lost power and usage was normal. Lost heat for a couple days (used no electric heat) and switched to Emergency Heat once it was fixed but our woodburning stove kept our heat off. I would get up every 2 hrs and make sure the fire was still burning. Thermostat was set on 65 and house stayed 68-76 depending on how stacked I kept the stove.

The following week after the storm my wife caught a guy in the yard at our meter. Asked what he was doing and he said “making a map”. I had my previous bill meter reading and went and looked at the current reading for that time. We averaged 1300 KWH a month and on that day with 15 days left in the billing cycle we were at 1200 already. Currently at 1600 usage with 5 days left in the cycle. I messaged my neighbors the same day who average 90 KWH/day and after that guy was here they checked their meter putting them at an average of 253 KWH/day based off that reading.

Was he “really” making a map or bumping meters?!?!?

Here’s a screenshot from my neighbors text conversation.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
        My water bill on the other hand gonna be outrageous. Busted pipe to water trough that I didn’t catch apparent,y used 85k gal in 4 days so that alone is $650
        Ouch. That's a lot of water.

Comment

Our local power company delayed the bills. Supposedly they are on the hook for 1 Billion in energy. They are not adding any additional charges this month, it is a real mess.

Comment

I expect our gas bill to be high since the wife got our gas fireplace going and was the only heat source for 3 days and then kept it on for the rest of the week. Also our water bill is probably gonna be crazy as she had every faucet in the house with a stream going during the whole ordeal but like others have said 'it beats having busted pipes". The wife did awesome while I was away trying to earn a living that week.

Comment

I wasn’t paying attention to the variable electric world and got screwed by Griddy
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Electric bill came in at 168 and the NG bill was 171. I was very relieved when I saw the NG bill. My generator ran about 48 hrs total on NG so I was wondering what I might get hit with. All in all not too bad for a nearly 6k sqft home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My electric was $340 for 3500 sqft. I couldn’t imagine what 6k would be.

Comment

I really going to be happy if I get away with a 500 electric bill. All electric with an inefficient fire place. Never lost electricity. about 2k sqft house.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                    I wasn’t paying attention to the variable electric world and got screwed by Griddy
                    How did Griddy screw you? Did they misrepresent how they would bill for used electricity?

Genuine question, I’ve never shopped these type of providers.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                      Dang. I figure the government will bail you out!

I'm probably stuck with mine.

Comment

Maybe we will all get a rebate. Yeah right...

An independent market monitor for the Public Utility Commission of Texas wrote in a letter that the power grid operator kept market prices too high for nearly two days after widespread outages ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          What kind of house do you live it? I've never had an electric bill that low!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                          1900sqft 3/2 new construction on a slab. We kept the thermostat on H/68.

We were very fortunate to have kept all utilities throughout as just a few streets down it was just like the rest of the state. Only thing I had to do was make sure ice was clear on my heat pump as it would build overnight and nearly ice up.

Comment

$133, just a little higher than normal.

Comment

Normally 200 this month was 440

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                Our local power company delayed the bills. Supposedly they are on the hook for 1 Billion in energy. They are not adding any additional charges this month, it is a real mess.

CPS?

Comment

Working...
                                X