• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree those big hunts with 1 draw should only go to Texas residents

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
      I agree those big hunts with 1 draw should only go to Texas residents
      This is exactly what I wrote. The most coveted tag going to a non-resident is not cool man.

Comment

The only hunts out of staters are trying to draw in Texas are bighorn and maybe the raffle or exotic hunts. But, it is definitely the cheapest bighorn tag in the country.
        Last edited by El General; 03-02-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
          And most western states allocate 90% of available tags to residents and when there's only one tag, it must go to a resident.
          I believe non-residents are awarded around 14% of available NM bighorn sheep tags. Seems like that is pretty fair for the very limited Sheep tags?

Comment

1. nr need to buy license before applying
            2. more state controlled lands need open esp for exotics

Cc'ed and sent my survey and comments to state and federal representatives. All I can do

Comment

Originally posted by apkleinschmidt View Post
              Any idea if the number of super tags available is similar to the amount of tags offered for Texas hunts, or if application costs are similar? Not trying to be a smartass, I genuinely have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
              Here is the breakdown of the hunts offered, 11 total and 1 is the 3 tag Super hunt. They also have some other raffles that entrants get in on when they buy, clothing, rifles etc..

Comment

Same in Oklahoma...NR pay the same as residents for the draw hunts. NR just has to pay the higher priced NR license.

Comment

Good point, I got the same survey an will ask the same thing. Won't do any goob but also going to of relay my displeasure on how they have run the Hagerman hunts since taking it over.

Comment

Originally posted by apkleinschmidt View Post
                    I just filled out their annual survey on the draw system.

I left comments questioning why Non-residents have the same application fees and draw odds when no other state in the US offers the same. We get boned on fees and odds for all western hunts in all western states. And we have the least federal land of all of them, by a longshot. I mean a nonresident won one of our only bighorn tags!!! It clearly upset me haha.

Please follow suit and comment to the same effect. Maybe we can get some traction.

*If I'm wrong about the odds and fees please correct me and I'll edit my post.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I just completed the survey, I complained for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a coincidence I literally wrote the exact same thing on my survey today on my lunch break

Comment

I saw the email about the survey and had the same thought.. at a minimum anyone that applys needs to have a license first, that means NR have to but the out of state to apply which is where alot of western states are heading. $100 in CO just to play the PP game now

Comment

I understand wanting to give preference to residents, but as a lifetime license holder if I ever leave Texas you can bet I’ll still be applying for just as many hunts as I do now, if not more, and I’d hate to know I would have worse odds, especially having 10+ points in many hunt categories.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestartiger01 View Post
                            I understand wanting to give preference to residents, but as a lifetime license holder if I ever leave Texas you can bet I’ll still be applying for just as many hunts as I do now, if not more, and I’d hate to know I would have worse odds, especially having 10+ points in many hunt categories.
                            You'll have bigger problems than drawing odds if you ever leave Tyeaxus. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I'd be interested to see the numbers, if you do the request please let us know what you find out. The NR Texas hunting license is WAY more than double though, way more.
                              Compared to the number of tags they get compared to what you get out of state it’s still nothing to what they do.

Comment

I commented that nr shouldn’t even be able to apply for low quota hunts like bighorn, mule deer, turkey. And only one ap per category.

Comment

Working...
                                X