No announcement yet.

Spring break trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were in Breck the first of the year and they were pretty strict. Signs all over the outside area of downtown requiring masks while outside. The ski resorts were worse and we were reminded quite often that our mask needed to be over our nose on the lifts, so much for that fresh mountain air.

Comment

The masks and lack of bar and grills sucks. The bar is a big part of an older snowboarders trip. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not just Breck, seems the ski places are pretty strict in general. They're probably worried about people afraid to come out and ski if masks aren't being enforced. Snowy Range has been really bad, they're not interested in having maskless people on the slopes at all. I don't wear masks anywhere but we're going this week and next week and I'll be masked up, can't help it as I want to ski and they've got my money already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          We're going to New Mexico, and they announced less protocols last week.

I'm all the way done with the mask morons...my wife is worried I'll get us kicked out of town...and I might.

There are too many stupid people in positions of power...
          This right here.

And for those afraid of the signs out front of businesses, they're just signs. Very few of the people who work there even pay attention to this BS. And if they request you do your business elsewhere, just go to another place. You don't even have to get loud or cause a scene; just go somewhere else. The free market will work itself out. Well, maybe not in Colorado.

I absolutely do not understand/comprehend the blind, immediate, sheep-like compliance by the masses to obey some silly mandates for face masks that don't "protect" anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
            This right here.

And for those afraid of the signs out front of businesses, they're just signs. Very few of the people who work there even pay attention to this BS. And if they request you do your business elsewhere, just go to another place. You don't even have to get loud or cause a scene; just go somewhere else. The free market will work itself out. Well, maybe not in Colorado.

I absolutely do not understand/comprehend the blind, immediate, sheep-like compliance by the masses to obey some silly mandates for face masks that don't "protect" anybody.
            100% all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              I'll just stay home and be a grumpy old white man.
              Didn't realize you had to stay at home to be that

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                This right here.

And to the OP: I understand the reason for your post and I wholly realize that I live and work in an area that is immune to this silliness. You're just giving a heads-up to those interested and that's a good thing.

This whole face-diaper stuff just really irks me. Sorry, hope I didn't derail your thread!

Comment

Well I’m surprised Wyoming is going along with the mask stuff. I would have guessed different. Colorado you would expect but not Wyoming.

Of course our state park system is still limiting people for social distancing and has a picture of a lady in a mask on their homepage. But we have Abbott so that is not a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    It's not just Breck, seems the ski places are pretty strict in general. They're probably worried about people afraid to come out and ski if masks aren't being enforced. Snowy Range has been really bad, they're not interested in having maskless people on the slopes at all. I don't wear masks anywhere but we're going this week and next week and I'll be masked up, can't help it as I want to ski and they've got my money already.
                    Quite surprised Snowy Range is so strict. By the way, The Library is not, best beer in town for après ski. They are back to bar seating and all their tables are open.

EarleyBird I get it. And yes it is as a heads up.

I'll just say, remember the young server that asks you to put it on is just doing their job. They probably don't want to say anything and the young folks pouring my beers locally are sure happy to be working and not drawing unemployment. They want to make money.
                    Is it worth getting asked to leave ? For some maybe yes, making a scene is getting your point across but I'm betting cops get called and no one wants to deal with that. Fines or jail, better not be either but I'm betting you get tossed from the establishment.

I think you all can find places that are relaxed on restrictions, just look around and go with the flow.

If you're going into the mountains be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      We're going to New Mexico, and they announced less protocols last week.

I'm all the way done with the mask morons...my wife is worried I'll get us kicked out of town...and I might.

There are too many stupid people in positions of power...
                      I'm with you fellas..............

Will be making our yearly trip to Red River later this week.

Safe travel to all.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        Quite surprised Snowy Range is so strict. By the way, The Library is not, best beer in town for après ski. They are back to bar seating and all their tables are open.
                        Wife is in town with me this time, very pleased to hear that! The Library is definitely back on the radar when we get over that way. We haven't made weekend plans yet, might go do some hiking at higher altitudes or general exploring. It's going to be HOT this weekend though.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                          Didn't realize you had to stay at home to be that
                          ...as opposed to traveling and being a grumpy old white man. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cause masks are working so well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              Cause masks are working so well!!
                              If only you people were wearing two masks all this time Covid would be gone by now!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                                I'm with you fellas..............

Will be making our yearly trip to Red River later this week.

Safe travel to all.

Rwc

Check back in when you get back if you get a chance. Red river is where we’re going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X