Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous Price on New trucks

I’m due for a new truck been doing a little shopping I usually buy a new truck every 3 years but dang they’ve gotten proud of them post COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bh_liberty; 03-02-2021, 08:18 AM.

YEP!!!!! Even used prices.

Would hate to be buying a truck or building a house now

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

we are building a house right now! what are you tying to say "GINGIB"? lol

1st, luckily we locked in our price with our builder last year so the lumber price increase is not effecting us.

2nd, yes the price of new and used trucks are getting stupid honestly!! I will be needing a "newer truck" to me here in the next few years but there is no way on God's green earth that I will be buying new when that time comes.

Times are just a crazy mess right now

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post

1st, luckily we locked in our price with our builder last year so the lumber price increase is not effecting us.

2nd, yes the price of new and used trucks are getting stupid honestly!! I will be needing a "newer truck" to me here in the next few years but there is no way on God's green earth that I will be buying new when that time comes.

You got lucky! The wood prices are out the roof now

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
          I’m due for a new truck been doing a little shopping I usually buy a new truck every 3 years but dang they’ve gotten proud of them post COVID.

The supply stopped because of Covid but the demand was still there so good luck getting a "good deal" A friend in the biz said probably wait about a year until the supply has been reestablished

Comment

Yep, truck prices are ridiculous. Same brand new Platinum F150 i bought new in 2014 for $42k is now pushing $75k-$80k. I hate government interference but they need to be regulated lol! A huge depreciating asset like a truck should not be 25% of the value of your home.

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
              The supply stopped because of Covid but the demand was still there so good luck getting a "good deal" A friend in the biz said probably wait about a year until the supply has been reestablished

I don’t think the price will ever go back to what it was pre COVID

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                Yep, truck prices are ridiculous. Same brand new Platinum F150 i bought new in 2014 for $42k is now pushing $75k-$80k. I hate government interference but they need to be regulated lol! A huge depreciating asset like a truck should not be 25% of the value of your home.
                They still have no BUISNESS in setting prices. A truck isn’t dependent on life... especially a $70k one

Have a friend that bought an 18’ super duty, new. Drove it 46,000 miles and sold it for more than he paid for it. So the depreciation ain’t what it was (on trucks anyway) look at clean used market.... save 2k on a few year old truck, no thanks

Capitalism works better without any government involvement

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                  Pass on (regulations).

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                    I don’t think the price will ever go back to what it was pre COVID

Nope! They have found out the public will pay it. Why go down.

Comment

And in 2 years when todays prices are doubled people will say.. Man! I wish I would have bought at the beginning of 2021!

How is this possible to lock in last years prices? Is it a huge nation wide builder?
                      I don't know how this works but I doubt they're losing money so curious about the deal.

Comment

We are building and I need a truck but the truck will have to wait.

Comment

inflation. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Comment

Unless they purchased the lumber and are holding it for you, they didn't lock anything in. Cross your fingers they are a big enough company they can absorb the new prices. They could just as easily bail, might be cheaper than fighting you in court.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Unless they purchased the lumber and are holding it for you, they didn't lock anything in. Cross your fingers they are a big enough company they can absorb the new prices. They could just as easily bail, might be cheaper than fighting you in court.
                              Yep. No business is in the business of loosing money... not long anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X