What boots for elk hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What boots for elk hunting

I am looking for a good pair of boots I could wear elk hunting and also on a trip to lake tahoe during spring break. My cowboy boots arent going to cut it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

People will say

Crispi and Danner I’m sure.

I have crispi.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      People will say

Crispi and Danner I’m sure.

I have crispi.
      How about the kuiu scarpa?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Solomon, crispi, kenetrek, under armour.... there are a hundred different boot makers that make good boots.

The brand of the boot is far less significant than the way the boot fits your foot. Try on as many as you can to find what fits you the best and get an after market insole if you are planning on putting some miles on them. Also, break them in properly before heading into the mountains with them. Makes a world of difference. Lace them up tight

Comment

Early season archery or mid/ late season rifle will be a deciding factor imho. I wear schnees granite for cold weather and I’ve had good luck with the Salmon Gx4? for early season archery besides this past year when we got three to five inches of snow. Whichever boot you decide on condition the leather and buy some legit merino socks.

Like said above, buy the boot that fits your foot, not the boot your buddy or someone online prefers.

Last edit- Schnees has 20 or so % off right now
          Last edited by DoveBlaster; 02-20-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Salewa

Comment

Look at Meindls also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my Crispis, but whatever you go with make sure you wear them to your local walking trails or track and make sure they're right for you.

Comment

I love my Solomon boots. They’ve held up to lots of hard miles.

Comment

I haven't been elk hunting in 21 years, and I'm sure they have improved on boots since then. I can only add that they should be waterproof/Goretex and as tall as possible/practicle. There may be times when you need to cross a stream or walk through a marsh. You dod not want water coming into your boots.

Google "best elk hunting boots" and you will get some good ideas.

Comment

Lowa
                      Renegade

Feel broke in from day one. Me and the wife wear them they are awesome

Comment

Lowa are really comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently purchased Kenetrek’s. Really like them so far..

Comment

Another vote for Danner. Lots of miles in the mountains and wore them this week to play in the snow.

Comment

Crispi Crossover Light. They keep you dry and you don't sweat your butt off in them.
                              I have been hiking all over in the snow and ice in them this week and they kept me dry and comfortable.

I use them on vacation like you described and for September elk hunting.

I have a pair of Schnees I like a lot, but I use those more for when I don't have to go as many miles. I use to have a pair of Kenetrek that were on par with the Schnees.

I also have a pair of Solomon for lighter use.

None of those compare to the Crispi.

Comment

Working...
                              X