School Me On Range Finders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there will be a lot of different opinions on this one, but what does the group think the best long range capable range finders are? The reason I am asking is we have seen some discrepancies with our Swaro 10x42 el range binos. Is this just typical of range finders, especially trying to shoot the lasers out to 1000 yards or so?

I like my Sig Sauer Kilo 2000

Comment

Love my Leica HD-B binos with rangefinder with built in ballistic calculator that accepts Micro sd card for custom ballistics.

Comment

I also have the Leica with build in rangefinder.

I have ranged animals like blesbuck, zebra and wildsbeest consistent at 1800-1900m range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want the absolute most accurate long range RF, without spending $8K plus, get a Vectronix Terrapin. This is going to give you the tightest beam convergence at distance and still stay under the price I listed above. If you want more than this, start looking at the Vectors in various configurations and prepare to pay. I’ve had my Terrapin for 5 years. Obviously nobody cares about ranging a tree, but in perfect conditions I’ve got it to hit large oaks on hillsides at 4,000 plus. I have a radio tower/antenna that is visible from my shooting range and I can hit it everytime at 2,936 yards. I can range 10” plates at 1000 yards are no problem.

There is a new version of the terrapin that came out earlier this year. I am not familiar with it or what changes they made to it. I have not researched it at all.

Comment

Thank you all for the info.

Comment

I bought an Leupold RX something or other..Been awhile back.Like 7/8 yrs ago..It was the most complicated thing I'd ever used..Sold it to a guy here,and told him the problem's..He said,"I'm a tech kinda guy,I'll figure it out"..A month later he re-posted it..I love their scopes,and have 7 of them..You couldn't give me a Leupold R.F.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X