Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the committee is charged with selecting the "four best teams", and I honestly think UGA probably falls within that criteria (backed by Vegas) I'm (mostly) glad they opted not to go with the rematch. Part of what makes the college game so compelling is that, even with the four team playoff, there is still a high degree of "subjectivity" that elicits debate and discussion. A bit of controversy is good for the game. UGA (or perhaps better attributed to LSU) made it easy for them with the loss to the Tigers. Imagine the debate had UGA and Bama both been undefeated going into the CCG, whether they ultimately opted for UGA or OU!

I also (mostly) like the fact that each conference handles their CCG differently. I like the original "One True Champion" concept, but it (having a CCG) cost the BigXII (and TCU/Baylor) in 2012, which ultimately caused them to incorporate the CCG and somewhat of a hybrid "OTC." OU ultimately needed the 13th data point this year to get in, but it could also have cost the conference a spot (had tu won). Of course, the same could happen in a two-division scenario (ie if Pitt had beaten Clemson in the ACC CCG).

An expanded playoff format devalues regular season games.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
      Adolescence is tough on some but that Hager boy just ain't right.

I enjoyed listening to his dad yesterday on horn radio.

Breckyn's 15 minutes of fame are very close to being over.

I like where his heart is for Texas football, but I'm ready for that haircut and 15 minutes to be done. Hopefully he has already cut the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Although the committee is charged with selecting the "four best teams", and I honestly think UGA probably falls within that criteria (backed by Vegas) I'm (mostly) glad they opted not to go with the rematch. Part of what makes the college game so compelling is that, even with the four team playoff, there is still a high degree of "subjectivity" that elicits debate and discussion. A bit of controversy is good for the game. UGA (or perhaps better attributed to LSU) made it easy for them with the loss to the Tigers. Imagine the debate had UGA and Bama both been undefeated going into the CCG, whether they ultimately opted for UGA or OU!

I also (mostly) like the fact that each conference handles their CCG differently. I like the original "One True Champion" concept, but it (having a CCG) cost the BigXII (and TCU/Baylor) in 2012, which ultimately caused them to incorporate the CCG and somewhat of a hybrid "OTC." OU ultimately needed the 13th data point this year to get in, but it could also have cost the conference a spot (had tu won). Of course, the same could happen in a two-division scenario (ie if Pitt had beaten Clemson in the ACC CCG).

An expanded playoff format devalues regular season games.
        Much more eloquently stated than my post. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          Going to be worse against Georgia I'm afraid.
          Or not. The OU OLine is widely regarded as one of if not the best in the country. I saw three video clips of Hager being absolutely manhandled. Part of that was due to them trying to clog rushing lanes and not putting pressure on Murray which I think was a bad plan. They were more effective on plays they actually got pressure. The dude just gets away a lot of the time.

Comment

Hager look like Tarzan, play like Jane. ��

Comment

I’m having withdrawals. Nothing much to talk about. Here’s hoping players to find a way to NOT get suspended between now and the bowl games.

Urban Meyer? No surprise there.

Kingsbury to USC? Good for Coach Cute.

Seniors deciding not to play because they aspire to see the field on Sundays? Ok, but not really an issue to me. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I wonder if Georgia will bring it or lose motivation after the big game vs Bama.

Pretty dull topics.

I guess I’ll go stare at the calendar and see if that makes the days pass faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Looks like he decided to punch something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Team leader, though.

Comment

Urban Meyers? Kind of figured something might happen after the episode before season started

Kingsbury to USC? I can't see him staying a coordinator long after getting a taste of the head coaching bug and money.

Seniors deciding not to play in Bowls? No problem but I think if they quit on the team they don't need to be on the sideline at the Bowl games or use team facilities to work out.

Georgia motivation? They will be down IMO and less motivated than any time this year.
                  Built in excuse if they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    I’m having withdrawals. Nothing much to talk about. Here’s hoping players to find a way to NOT get suspended between now and the bowl games.

Urban Meyer? No surprise there.

Kingsbury to USC? Good for Coach Cute.

Seniors deciding not to play because they aspire to see the field on Sundays? Ok, but not really an issue to me. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I wonder if Georgia will bring it or lose motivation after the big game vs Bama.

Pretty dull topics.

I guess I’ll go stare at the calendar and see if that makes the days pass faster.

Right there with you.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Looks like he decided to punch something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If that's from a punch, then he's just as bad a puncher as he is a pass rusher.

I love the guys heart, and "want to", but he's just not very good.

Oklahomas run game ain't Georgia's, they will go right at him and it will work.

Comment

All bad jokes aside, what sort of treatment does a brain cyst entail? I guess the better question is, how serious is that?

I dislike Urb as much as the next guy, but man, that's serious stuff! I hope he can get a out front of that on a lifestyle level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          All bad jokes aside, what sort of treatment does a brain cyst entail? I guess the better question is, how serious is that?

I dislike Urb as much as the next guy, but man, that's serious stuff! I hope he can get a out front of that on a lifestyle level.

Surgery to remove it is what I read

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter
                            Check back in two years when Sam is a senior Heisman finalist and Texas is in the playoff. Where will Aggy be?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            In the CFP. Jimbo, man. Jimbo.

Comment

OC Mike Locksley may be Maryland‘s next HC.

Comment

Ventriloquist?

Comment

Working...
                                X