Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twelve Rings For Tyler - Child Burn Victim Fundraiser

ADMIN APPROVED

If you haven't heard by now, one of our good friends and fellow shooters' family has been impacted by a horrific accident. Jimmy Locke's step son - Tyler, was the victim of a bonfire accident, resulting in burns to 85% of his body. He is currently in a hospital in Dallas, and in about a month, once stable enough for transit, will be moved to the Shriner's Burn Unit in Galveston.

The family will be living remotely for the foreseeable future, and these expenses add up quickly, as this is something no one can anticipate, and a GOFUNDMEPAGE has already been established to collect donations (see the Buffalo Field Archery Club FB page or my personal FB page for the link). To assist with upcoming expenses, this Tuesday's shoot - the last of the year, will be used as a means to further generate funds to help them through what would otherwise surely have been a joyous holiday season. There will be no cash payouts this Tuesday and no side pots. The shoot fee will be $20 minimum, and I encourage everyone to give all they can reasonably afford. I can assure you, Jimmy would.

If you've never been to a Tuesday night shoot at WHA, try and make it out to this one, if only to help share a little support to a family who could really use it. If the crowd gets too big - that's a good thing, and we'll find some way to tweek the format to make sure we have some fun in the process. Until then, please pray for Tyler and the family.

One of the things that we are doing for those that do not shoot is asking for you to sponsor a shooter of your choice by pledging a $$$ per 12 ring (thus the #twelvesfortyler). If you are interested in sponsoring a shooter or helping out in any way shoot me a pm or text to 409-460-8906
    Attached Files

Here is a link to the facebook page and the shoots page.

Tyler is a very vibrant 14 years old boy and in the 8th grade. Friday November 23rd he was sitting at a bonfire and his grandma on the porch when a gas can exploded. Tyler was hit from behind and...

TWELVES FOR TYLER The support and prayers being directed to the Locke Family, and specifically Tyler, have been overwhelming. When grown men struggle to find the words to express their gratitude,...

Comment

Ttt

Comment

TTT, let's get this family some funds, for a legit cause.

God Bless

Comment

Sorry to hear this, it must be almost overwhelming for the family. Can’t make the shoot and have no Facebook, but we contribute monthly to Shriners and have for a long time. Prayers for the family.

Comment

Thanks Drycreek!!! Shriners is an amazing group!

Comment

Brazos County Archery Club is also hosting a charity shoot on December 9 and all money will go to #TylerStrong.

OP - Would you post more info about your Tuesday night shoot? Is WHA - West Houston Archery? Where exactly is that and what time? What is the entry fee?

I can't make it to Houston, but lots of TBHers can.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                X