28 gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 gauges

Looking to get a 28 gauge. Any of you guys have one and what do you have?

Have heard good franchi 48 al, have also been looking at the beretta a400, the benelli ethos and the Remington 1100.

Have also considered an o/u or s/s, but think I'd like an auto more.

Any recommendations of brands to look at or stay away from.

I don't own one but have shot the a400 in 28 gauge, I really like it, light but still feels solid and swings nicely. Had an ethos, I did not shoot it very well but I know a lot of people that really like it. For me in s-auto I'd definitely go with the a400.

We shoot Beretta 686's because most of the ranches we quail hunt don't allow s-auto any longer and I'm just comfortable with Berettas. I don't own one but have shot a couple skb 690's in 28, very nice shotgun imo for around a grand. I prefer 28's, only shoot a 12 for clays and occasionally waterfowl because 28 steel is so expensive.

Comment

I have a Browning 725 i think is the model, love that gun.

Comment

Ive got a Silver Pigeon 28 that I love. Havent shot another gun since I got it. Looking at getting his little brother(.410) soon.

Comment

Beretta Silver Pigeon is the only way to go

Comment

I've got a 28 ga BPS that is poison for doves and small bore. But with that being said I'd love to own an A400 or even better a nice CG Maxum in 28 ga.

Comment

I had a Remington 1100 in auto and I hated looking for hulls for it in the grass or on the ground. Especially shooting green hulls. My next 28 gauge will be an OU. I'm just trying to talking myself in spending another 2K plus on a 725 to match my 20.....

Comment

I have a Weatherby 28 ga semi-auto. Got it used, and have had it for about 2 years. No trouble, as of yet.

That being said, I am sure the Berreta/Benelli would be a MUCH better gun. If you can afford them, just get the one that feels the "best" to you.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  We shoot Beretta 686's because most of the ranches we quail hunt don't allow s-auto any longer

What is the reasoning for this? Safety with cracked barrels?

Comment

I have a Remington 1100, a SKB OU, and a Winchester 101 pidgeon all in 28 gauge. I love shooting all of them. THe 101 is my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Jcav View Post
                      Beretta Silver Pigeon is the only way to go

The pigeons are a nice o/u for the money but I wouldn’t totally agree with only way to go. There are a lot of nice options for a 28 ga o/u.

Go buy what feels right for you.

Comment

Beretta A400, love it!

Comment

I have a rizzini and skb. Only suggestion I would give you is to buy a gun that is built on a 28ga action. Some are built on 20ga and are heavier and wider.

I own every gauge in over unders and use my 28ga the most. Also watch out when buying shells. Some many factors don't do a good job of quality control and they are not round. Rio has always been good good my my guns.

Comment

BTW, CZ makes a few O/U in 28 gauge that will not break the bank. I have shot the Drake (I think) They are under $1,000 if I remember correctly and shoot as well as my more expensive O/Us

Comment

X2 on silver pigeon. Love mine. It is my go to for dove.

Comment

Working...
                              X