Drop point Damascus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop point Damascus

I just couldn't leave that horn on that blade.. it look really dorky to me.
    A nice blade like that needed an awesome handle so I put on my favorite handle, it's spalted hackberry with an olive wood spacer and thick brass guard.
    The blade is Alabama Damascus 8 7/8 overall. Tip to guard is 4 inches. Perfect balance with the thick brass guard. Who ever buys this knife is going to love the way it feels in the hand.
    I made the sheath yesterday, it is leather lined to hold the knife snugly in place and made to sit high on a belt loop for fast access.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpOCTOq4AM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	25162637

Name:	php1SfGZYAM.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	25162638

Name:	phpCv8OQXAM.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	25162639

Name:	phpMM0IFZAM.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	25162640

Man that is a lot better looking! I am by no means a knife builder but the springbok horn didn't look right with that beefy blade. It would look really cool with a thin profile caper or bird knife. I have admired your work for a while on THF and just joined this site. You are a super talented individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      Man that is a lot better looking! I am by no means a knife builder but the springbok horn didn't look right with that beefy blade. It would look really cool with a thin profile caper or bird knife. I have admired your work for a while on THF and just joined this site. You are a super talented individual.
      Thanks Jon, I agree after looking at the horn it just wasn't my type of work that I do.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Absolutely beautiful.

Comment

That is stunning! I love that spalted hackberry!!! *drool*

Comment

Working...
              X