Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you DISLIKE about your truck (past or present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2016 Ram 2500 in the shop last 4 months so got a good look at the low end truck market driving rentals.

2018 F150:
    Tonka truck sized bed, wife's mini truck (Colorado) has a bigger bed.
    Very little power.
    Entertainment system was horrible even for a base model.
    Seating was pretty comfy
    Terrible soft/sudden brakes
    Had to constantly hit a button to keep this POS from turning itself off at stop signs and driving downtown.

2018 Silverado:
    Tonka truck kid sized back seat. Like so small I would naturally twist to just put my backpack inside.
    Seat not terribly uncomfortable but definitely stiffened up any time I was in there more than an hour or so.
    Decent power and great entertainment system for a base model.

2016 Ram: Caliber Collision didn't fix it right so I have a list of NINE items they're gonna have to do over, otherwise she was perfect.
    Last edited by justletmein; 09-30-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

2015 chevy 2500 don't like the 6.6' bed.
      I prefer an 8' bed on a truck

Comment

2018 half ton ram I hate the "shifter" that's why it's my wife's truck.

Comment

You have to lift the hood to put the DEF fluid in my 2017 Duramax it's kind of embarrassing

Comment

2007 f-150...
            It wasn’t a diesel. Otherwise really liked it.

2008 Chevy 2500hd duramax
            Interior pretty much fell apart. Seats not comfy. Other than that, I liked it.

2015 Chevy 2500hd duramax
            Been good to me. Seats could be more comfy. Hate not having rear ac vents. Wish it rode like a half ton, but it isn’t one.

Comment

2011 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4 5 speed. No mechanical, electrical issues yet. Don’t like the intermittent sound when I press in the clutch petal. And the squeaky sound I get from the leaf springs after wheeling.

Comment

I won't say I don't like it....
                Because, I love this truck....
                My father bought it brand new.. The only new truck, he ever had...
                But, he got sick, soon after and passed away.....
                But before he passed.. He gave me this truck.. I told him I didn't want
                it... But, he said, it's the only thing I have to give you...
                What's son to do ? He said, He knew, I would take care of it.. And
                I have... It's a 96 and just turned 100k.... Rest easy Pops..
                It's on schedule, to go to your granddaughter.....
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1196.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	24555238

Comment

1996 F250 7.3, 250k miles, The cassette tape player wont play tapes, and the buttons to reset the clock won't work. So to set the clock, I have wait until it is exactly 12 noon or 12 midnight and disconnect the batteries for one second.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    18 F150...small thing but dislike having to disengage the engine shut-off / gas saver at stop lights. Wish it had the larger display screen for the reverse camera too.

Mine has the large 35gal gas tank!! Love that part for sure.
                    Helpful hint... if you don’t pull trailers all the time, there is a quick way to fix the auto start/stop “feature”. Under the dash by the brake pedal is a module with 3 plugs in it. Unplug the middle plug, it sends the signal for your trailer lights. Once it’s unplugged the truck won’t turn itself off anymore. I asked the dealer to disable mine and that’s what they did. You have to plug it back in when you hook up a trailer, found that out the hard way. But there are no other buttons to push and no lights or messages on the dash. If I pulled a trailer more often it wouldn’t be practical, but it works great for me. After towing when I forget to unplug it, the truck turns off at stop lights, and I hate it. This is a dumb feature, and should be optional. Or at least have a way to permanently disable it in the menu somewhere.

2018 F150 STX crew cab FX4. I dislike: The auto start stop (when I forget the plug). I couldn’t add the factory trailer brake controller, due to some dumb computer glitch. Bed is tiny. The tow hitch could be easier to hook safety chains too, but that might just be my chains. The sound system is lacking. And the drivers side window sometimes squeaks when it goes down.

Wife dislikes that the air vents can’t be shut off or pinched back with a knob like my other truck. You have to close the louvers by aiming them off to the side. She would like to be able to keep the air pointed at her, but adjust the flow since I usually have it on full blast.

Likes: cab size, screen/sync/apple car play, locking diff, and the 5.0 is a beast.

Previous trucks: both chevys... hated clam shell extended cab doors and 2wd.

Jeep: hated that the hood looked like it was about to fly up whenever I went faster than 60. And it wasn’t a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                      1998 Chevy Z71 350 3.73 gears 200k miles. Don't like the ABS. Biggest thing I don't like is I can't buy this truck new again.

Bought the same truck in 98 and still drive it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last truck I just traded: 2007 GMC Sierra 4.8. Motor was kinda gutless.
                        Current truck: 2016 F250 6.2. Like the truck but a couple nitpicks . Gas mileage sucks and I think the ac seems to take longer than my GMC to cool off when it’s hot.

Comment

That it’s a Chevy. Next truck will be a Ford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1997 2wd 5.7 ext cab Chevy and 1998 4x4 ext cab Chevy 5.7. No complaints really.

2002 crew cab 6.0 2500 Chevy. Noisy and horrible fuel mileage, also would not get out of it's own way and pulling was a joke. No rear air vents.

2005 2wd cc Chevy, ugly and way too low. No rear air vents.

2008 4wd 5.3 cc GMC, no rear air vents.

2011 4x4 cc duramax. Def location and high idle during regeneration. Also, seemed like it was cleaning dpf all the time.No rear air vents.

2015 4x4 cc 6.2 Chevy. No rear air vents. I will hear wind noise around 90 but does not bother me with mud tires. This truck just broke 22k miles on the way home from the lease. Will get a 2019 in the same config when prices come down.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L SLT-drive it every day,been great - the paint is the only issue,fading

Comment

2016 F-150 Super crew 4X4 2.7 EB.
                                I have the fold down middle front seat. I never use the seat and loose some storage. I wish it was the center console version.
                                Small bed. I wish it had the 6.5' bed.
                                Fuel mileage. I get around 18 mixed. I got the same with my old 3.5 EB.
                                It has plenty of power and acceleration.
                                Tows and rides very smooth.

Comment

Working...
                                X