No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of y’all guys are going from the dec 4 thru the 7th? I’m gonna camp and was wondering how fast they fill up. I went for a youth a few years back and only two camp spots were taken. Looking forward to meeting a lot of y’all how many gonna camp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan on camping in the RV Campground for the December 4-7 hunt. Look forward to meeting some fellow TBH’ers!

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
        How many of y’all guys are going from the dec 4 thru the 7th? I’m gonna camp and was wondering how fast they fill up. I went for a youth a few years back and only two camp spots were taken. Looking forward to meeting a lot of y’all how many gonna camp?

I will be there during that hunt, I’ve never camped in the tent camp area but I know the evening camp gets pretty full. We usually get there the day before to set up camp.

Comment

Do you have to have a trailer for the rv area or can you tent camp there too

Comment

No but why would you want to. There is no water or restroom facilities at the rv camp. The primitive or tent camp area has restrooms and showers. It’s only about half mile down road from each other.

Comment

Is their buck to doe ratio close enough down there that you rattle

Comment

For sure, works better with archery if you rattle in oairs

Comment

I was just curious About camping there I had never been to the rv camping facility. Are we allowed to use a decoy?

Comment

From what I understand they have a pretty nice camping set up

Comment

I was just curious About camping there I had never been to the rv camping facility. Are we allowed to use a decoy?

In the field you can use what ever you want to draw deer. Decoy can work there but if you get a couple nosey doe in first they could blow your setup

Comment

the primitive camp area is nice. with covered picnic tables(most of them) showers/bathrooms.

fire rings. there is a road from the RV camping to the primitive.

in the RV sites...i think it is mostly paved. Just what I have seen passing by. you can use a generator at the RV sites. I think the primitive is limited to dark or something of that nature...not sure.

Chap has pretty good camping facilities.

Comment

Is it December yet??

Comment

I’m building some 8ft tripods while waiting!

Comment

I’d put your eye level no higher than 8’

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X