Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Might be a little early but haven’t been able to do this thread in about 6-7 yrs. we got the Dec 4-7 archery hunt.

This will be my 5th time there. Have had several close encounters but haven’t released an arrow yet. Sucks that this yr the hunt is only a “4” day hunt but we can bait and if the weather cooperates we could see some pre rut activity.
    Looks like we will be at the back of the line for picking the pasture but glad to be back.

Any input or helpful tips on things that have changed with the new manager and the oil field.

Also any pics and if you care to share what pasture you killed it in.

Congrats on the draw. You met a good friend of mine at brushy hill last year I got sick and couldn’t make it.

Comment

Congrats Kactus. Love that place.

Comment

Congrats! Premiere hunt you've drawn, AGAIN!

Best of luck to you and your party. Keep us entertained!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Pending 2nd draw for me

Comment

Originally posted by Slingingsticks View Post
            Congrats on the draw. You met a good friend of mine at brushy hill last year I got sick and couldn’t make it.
            Carlos.....yep you missed a good time even though the hunting was really tough as usual.

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad and I drew 12/11-12/14. Should be an awesome experience. Anyone ever camped there?

Comment

We were drawn for the same hunt on Dec. 4-7. Unfortunately my buddy won’t be able to make it due to prior trip scheduled (the wife is dragging him on a cruise). That part sucks for me because now I will have to tent it instead of staying in his trailer. But I get to hunt and he doesn’t.

Comment

Congrats!! Your luck is unreal. We are pending the second draw still. Drawn or not I’ll be following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zapatahorn View Post
                      My dad and I drew 12/11-12/14. Should be an awesome experience. Anyone ever camped there?
                      Yes they have a camp ground for travel trailers and one for tents that has a community restroom and shower. I have only stayed at the RV camp.

Comment

I was drawn for the December 4-7 as well. This will be my third trip to the Chap. Once on a youth hunt with my daughter, did not shoot anything and once on a rifle hunt for myself and a friend, shot some does and my friend shot a cull 6 (no brows).

Comment

Why is this such a good draw? The success rate was 19% last year. What am I missing?

Comment

Congrats Jack. Why do you say your at the back of the line to pick a Pasture?

I bet your group has a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                              Why is this such a good draw? The success rate was 19% last year. What am I missing?
                              I'm probably wrong about this but I took the 19% was your chance to get drawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X