No announcement yet.

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It layer down last night with the humidity. There still on aight today just in case they have anymore flame ups. Still really really dry out there.

Comment

Here is a map of the burned area. 488 acres but now under control. They are still on scene to prevent flair ups because it’s so dry.
      Attached Files

Comment

First card pull of the season wasn't bad. I had the cameras set to video mode, so the pics are screen shots and blurry. Finding out the camera doesn't take good video, I've reset to pictures now. The big six pointer from last year is still around. There's also one with a kicker off his G2 and a double drop tine buck!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
          First card pull of the season wasn't bad. I had the cameras set to video mode, so the pics are screen shots and blurry. Finding out the camera doesn't take good video, I've reset to pictures now. The big six pointer from last year is still around. There's also one with a kicker off his G2 and a double drop tine buck!
          Oh man! That's super exciting. Too bad they're all on private property. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

lol

Comment

lol
              You gonna go after the double drop?

Comment

He would be my first choice, then the tall 6 pointer and then the crab claw/G2 kicker buck. But I'm not picky.

Comment

He would be my first choice, then the tall 6 pointer and then the crab claw/G2 kicker buck. But I'm not picky.
                  Yep. They're all good. But that drop tine...ooohhhh man. Good luck this year.

Comment

Ill be giving LBJ a shot this year during bow season since we moved and some of the units are within 30 min of the house now. I figure an old Loc-On Spirit w/ some LW sticks should come in around 19lbs and wouldn’t be bad to haul around.

Comment

Going to scout and put out a few new cameras on Tuesday. Haven't been out to LBJ in a few years so this should be interesting. Will start by checking some new spots out then going to my old spots to see if they are still getting traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                        Going to scout and put out a few new cameras on Tuesday. Haven't been out to LBJ in a few years so this should be interesting. Will start by checking some new spots out then going to my old spots to see if they are still getting traffic.
                        Hopefully its still nice n cool. Good luck.

Comment

Those must be private land deer, there are no deer at LBJ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went and did a little scouting today, started to take the shotgun and thought it would be heck to carry for a few miles. Ran across a group of about 20 piggies, I wish I'd have toted it now.

Validated some spots I've located before, found a couple of new ones (to me). Found a couple of stands as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              Went and did a little scouting today, started to take the shotgun and thought it would be heck to carry for a few miles. Ran across a group of about 20 piggies, I wish I'd have toted it now.

Validated some spots I've located before, found a couple of new ones (to me). Found a couple of stands as well.
                              I will definitely be taking my shotgun with me. Always happy to take a pig or 2 if given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

Ithaca made a 20ga Feather Weight pump that is extremely light. Cut it's barrel down to 19" and you have the perfect bird, rabbit, and hog gun pending the load you put in it. I have a Remington Youth and Ladies 20ga that is fairly light that I sometimes tote while scouting. It comes with a 21" barrel and the Remchoke system. Handles just like a quick handling brush rifle.

Comment

Working...
                                X