2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
    How come we do not have a Caddo Grasslands thread? Or is it included in this one? Does no one hunt up there? Is it not worth talking about? Or are the few of us that do hunt up there just don’t say anything about it. I am sure as fast as that area is growing it will be swarming in a few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it’s been waterfront property this past week... haha

Comment

Hunted opening morning. Set up close to a private land wide open grass field where I've seen deer coming back to Public to bed. Sure enough, about 8:30 five does make there way towards me from about 300 yds. 3 break off in a trot, and likely jumped the fence NW of me, as I heard squirrels start to chatter that way, and also private land dogs barking. The other two took their time and came my way. They disappeared behind a trees that surround the fence. I guessed they would go left of my tree, but they went right! Couldn't switch back to that side in time before they hit thick woods. Would have been a 35 yard shot, tops. Heard squirrels chattering and barking again later. Now I know there are at least two places they cross, and I'm covering one. Good morning all around, my first opener on LBJ.
      I did hear two gun shots around 7:30 am. Who knows what that was about. Yotes? Hogs? ILLEGALITY??? hmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Lots of gunshots out there. I typically assume ranchers in the area taking a pot shot at a yote.
        A couple units border landowners who have ranges too. I’ve had a couple sits that sounds like a war zone going on and the deer just didn’t have a care in the world about it.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
          Well, it’s been waterfront property this past week... haha

Yes it has been. Not today. Over looking the creek bottom this afternoon. Got out alittle early to catch one sneaking back in after lunch.Will update if I put a hypodermic in something.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
            Hunted opening morning. Set up close to a private land wide open grass field where I've seen deer coming back to Public to bed. Sure enough, about 8:30 five does make there way towards me from about 300 yds. 3 break off in a trot, and likely jumped the fence NW of me, as I heard squirrels start to chatter that way, and also private land dogs barking. The other two took their time and came my way. They disappeared behind a trees that surround the fence. I guessed they would go left of my tree, but they went right! Couldn't switch back to that side in time before they hit thick woods. Would have been a 35 yard shot, tops. Heard squirrels chattering and barking again later. Now I know there are at least two places they cross, and I'm covering one. Good morning all around, my first opener on LBJ.
            I did hear two gun shots around 7:30 am. Who knows what that was about. Yotes? Hogs? ILLEGALITY??? hmmmmmmmmmm.

It's still dove season.

Comment

Let’s see how much crap I’ll get for this one I think they are delicious

Comment

Congrats on the fine table food

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

No crap from me.
                  I will never disparage a hunter for a legal harvest!

Comment

Looks tasty. I was lucky enough to get a neighbor about 5:30 this afternoon. Then at 7:15 we got about 20 neighbors across the fence on private land a howling, hollering and yelling at each other. I just got up and left quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

Congrats man! Any harvest on public land is an accomplishment! Not to mention, smaller deer means easier to drag out. Is this the one you lost yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                        Congrats man! Any harvest on public land is an accomplishment! Not to mention, smaller deer means easier to drag out. Is this the one you lost yesterday?

No it’s not shot it this evening wish I would have the first one though look for about 3 hours crawled around on my stomach flipping leaves but nada

Comment

Anyone seeing any turkey or pigs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hogman, congrats on the harvest! Enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
                              It's still dove season.
                              Should have specified, rifle shots!

Comment

Missed a doe at 30yards used my 40yard pin ????? Dang

Comment

Working...
                                X