Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a dang good thread in 2017 again and with protein, cottonseed, alfalfa, turkey and coon killing season coming up it's time to start a new one. [emoji3]. Junior is getting antsy so here we go!

Post up your pics and stories fellas as usual. Hunts, trail camera pics, LDPs, work weekends, new projects, food, drinks, coons and other varmint carnages are all welcome! The more participation (and last year was a great example) the better the thread. Here's to a bountiful 2018 for us Angelo area hunters!

Trying cottonseed for the first time this year. They aren’t killing it but they are getting used to it and nibbling. Fine by me. Mother Nature seems to have put some weight back on em after the rut already so they must still have a good source. I prefer her financing my feed bill anyway. I’m sure that will change soon.[emoji1303]

Juniors buddies are starting to show their face too. [emoji2]Come on 3/31!

Last edited by Smart; 01-14-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I trapped 500 of them this weekend going to drop off at your place!

Along with a trailer load of pigs

Comment

Already finding sheds in the feedpens with 4 full sets so far across the ranch from the doe and spike hunters. Seeing several deer on my Covert with them gone as well. I guess it’s not real early since it’s mid January and we usually have a few lose them by now. But it it is a larger than normal amount found for us already.... especially with their bodies being in seemingly good condition.

Comment

Yeah saw a 12 pt buck at the sterling processing last week that had both horns laying next to it. They said they shot it and when it fell they both fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            I trapped 500 of them this weekend going to drop off at your place!

Along with a trailer load of pigs [emoji6]b

Bring only gobblers[emoji13][emoji23]

Keep the pigs! [emoji23][emoji23]. I’d love to have them to hunt in the offseason but I sure like not having to deal with them during season

Comment

Yeah saw a 12 pt buck at the sterling processing last week that had both horns laying next to it. They said they shot it and when it fell they both fell off.

**** glad they were able to find them[emoji23]. That would be a bummer. Can’t find his horns Ma !

Comment

Anxious to see how this year plays out. I may be letting my spot go but not positive yet. I’ll still control the management (age minimum, culls, and numbers) since it’s my families property, but may be moving on to more of a trophy setting.

Comment

A lot about to go down at our place with windmills and such.

Looking forward to getting out there soon and maybe trying to find an aoudad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Anxious to see how this year plays out. I may be letting my spot go but not positive yet. I’ll still control the management (age minimum, culls, and numbers) since it’s my families property, but may be moving on to more of a trophy setting.
                    ^^^ high roller oilfield hand! Lol

Comment

Lol...Yup... we aren’t going to be able to talk and text with him pretty soon. Unless he needs us to mow his lawn[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

After my cotton seed sat for 6 months, the deer and turkey would brows through the corn and gorge themselves.

Comment

I still can’t afford to feed double down though haha

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Lol...Yup... we aren’t going to be able to talk and text with him pretty soon. Unless he needs us to mow his lawn[emoji13][emoji23]
                          Lol shoot I actually like doing that more than filling feeders

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            I still can’t afford to feed double down though haha

D
                            That’s when you know you’ve made it!

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                              After my cotton seed sat for 6 months, the deer and turkey would brows through the corn and gorge themselves.

Hopefully mine doesn’t sit that long.[emoji15]. Well unless Mother Nature provides other things.

The other two guys on my place that feed it have problems keeping it filled so I’m hoping my deer do the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X