Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
    Thanks, so once your tested and if you do come back low I'm guessing you are referred to another dr for treatment? Or does primary care take care of all of it? I've been wanting to get checked out for a while now, just never really knew how it worked.
    My primary care doctor took care of it. My levels tested VERY low (I am 64 years old). She gave me the first injection right then in the office. She wrote me a script and I went to the office every two weeks. Since then my wife has taken over on doing the injections (her sister is a nurse and taught her).I have not switched to the pellets but it is a consideration.

The affects are amazing and I am so glad that I am on the treatment. My gut roll has dropped by 3 inches yet my weight went up a few pounds. This is a sign of muscle mass replacing fat tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
      526 is not too bad ( mine was 130 when I had it checked). A lot of doctors, once you're in the acceptable range leave it at that. Last time I had mine checked they were 1198 and life is good. I'd see about the referral. I know a lot of GP's that just don't like test therapy. ( These are the same doctors who will put your wife on hormones in a heart beat.)
      I think mine needs to be higher. I think everyone may feel different even though they're in the acceptable level. It might be a low level for me. I'm in the gym 5 days a week and I think that's what has kept me at the 526 level. I'm tired a lot, no energy, low libido blah blah blah. All of the same symptoms as everyone else.

Comment

I'm 43. I've been on it for a year and a half and it has been life changing for me! You have to take the anti-estrogen or you'll be a cranky sucker for sure. My free testosterone was next to nothing, estrogen was high, I was 28% body fat, low sex drive. I'm in the gym 5-6 days a week now, free testosterone is through the roof, body fat is down to 13.2%, energy level is high throughout the day without the afternoon lull, and sex drive is fantastic. Make sure you are getting NATURAL testosterone injections, not the synthetic garbage that will mess your body up! It's awesome.... best $225 I spend every month!

Make sure you go to a doctor who does regular blood work to check all of your levels. Some of these places will just shove needles in you without a clue of what you're really needing.
        Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 08-11-2017, 08:30 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

Im 34 and my level tested at 290. My PCP sent me to a urologist and I'm starting out on the gel as soon as insurance gets it straight. He said the pellets are best, but not covered by insurance and average about $100 per month, but they last 5-6 months, so $500 - $600 per treatment out of pocket.

I told the wife that I'm going to start out on the gel and put some cash up each month as my 'test' fund. I'd rather do the pellets because the way he described it to me, its a spike then an even keel over time until they eventually have to be replaced instead of the peaks and valleys that are experienced with the gel or shots.

He prescribed the gel as twice daily to help keep it more evened out through the day instead of a high first thing and crash at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            so..if your T is 'too low'... you are supplementing ...
            but if you stop supplementing... you crash back to what you were before...
            What causes/caused the low T in the first place?
            Diet and exercise seem to be two big factors, but old man time certainly plays a role.

Comment

Originally posted by skinny View Post
              i had my t checked a few weeks ago. I'll be 40 in november. My level was 230. Got 12 200 mg pellets implanted. Go back in a month to check level again. Dr. Said my level should be around 1000.

Let me tell you what, it took a week to take effect, but i feel like a new man...and my wife has rosy cheeks. [emoji23]

i've been dragging a lot lately...hard to get up in the mornings, low energy, decreased sex drive, etc. I contributed that to wearing myself out pig hunting and staying up too late with my family during the summer and then having to go to work the next day. Nope. My t was way low.

Who wants to fight? [emoji12]

skinny
              lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                Playing devils advocate: If it kills your swimmers, you need to get blood tested, and you breakout like a 13 year old, you have to at least consider that this is not great for you?

It beats the crap out of being a narcoleptic zombie.

I'm fixed so my kid days are done. That is one of the things the MD tells you when you start and that it's a permanent option, meaning you will be on it forever.

The blood tests are to make sure the levels are right and you aren't over or under doing it. Once your MD hits the sweet spot, the blood work decreases. Plus most insurance companies require your level to be below 300 to get pellets inserted again. I started when my levels were 190. At the peak of absorption, I am in high 800s to low 900s. I feel like a person again. I don't doze off sitting up and I have energy. I've never broke out from it.

From my standpoint, it's a natural hormone the body produces in our younger years. It's nothing foreign to the body so to speak.

My nuts have probably shrunk, but it just makes them less able to get sit on.

Comment

5-6 years in now on TRT. First test came back with my T level at 170 (I was 36 or 37 at the time). Dr. said, I bet you feel rough! Like others have said, it is life changing for sure. Started with shots, then went to pellets.

After we relocated for work, we found a new pellet dr in our new town. I will call him Dr Dumb*ss, due to him giving me a horrific infection during my pellet procedure. Guess he uses those tools on the farm also? Wife noticed the redness, so I went to see him about it, to which he stated, no big deal, this happens, here's some antibiotics for you to knock that out.

Well, they didn't "knock that out", and I went to my PC dr, who immediately sent me to a surgeon for pellet removal. And by the way, OUCH!! I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but brother, I was testifying in there, big time! My left cheek now looks like I was attacked by a bear, and turns out there was no issue with the pellets whatsoever, merely dirty equipment being used on me. Only positive was that my wife had her pellets done first, without any issues. Had he infected her as well, that would have put me in jail at a minimum......

I am back to weekly injections at this point, as I am not sure if they can shove pellets through all of the scar tissue left over from the extraction procedure. No negative side affects at all for me in the 5-6 years I have been on TRT, excluding the stupid dr of course.

If your wife is at the age of having female hormone issues, take her to a pellet dr for blood work. They do a very thorough panel to check basically everything with this. If she needs pellets, pony up the cash and pay for them suckers immediately! You can thank me later fellows!

Comment

As GARR said, my wife has been going for a year as well.....and it's well worth it!

Comment

GARR you brought up an entirely different subject. How old is your wife? What kinds of hormones is she getting with the pellets? How long has she been doing this kind of treatment?

What is the ongoing cost for weekly injections now that you're on a regular treatment schedule? You said your initial count was 170. What is it now that you receive these regular injections? Thanks in advance. I need to do something.

Comment

Yup. My wife is on the pellets too. Life changing.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                          Makes me sweat like a mad man when I work out.
                          This for sure!

I have been on Test for 10 years and I work out 5 or 6 days a week. My test level were so low that I was always tired and my quality of life was suffering. You have to balance the test however because if I take too much I get on edge and a little crazy and if I don't take enough I get tired and depressed. I have gotten really good at balancing it on my own and if I know my levels are getting too high I skip a shot and up my shot if they get too low. I have also been doing Deca for the last 3 or 4 years and that helps me stay lean.

You have to take a good estrogen blocker like anastrezol (spelled wrong) or something so that you do not get glynoclamastia or other side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                            This for sure!

I have been on Test for 10 years and I work out 5 or 6 days a week. My test level were so low that I was always tired and my quality of life was suffering. You have to balance the test however because if I take too much I get on edge and a little crazy and if I don't take enough I get tired and depressed. I have gotten really good at balancing it on my own and if I know my levels are getting too high I skip a shot and up my shot if they get too low. I have also been doing Deca for the last 3 or 4 years and that helps me stay lean.

You have to take a good estrogen blocker like anastrezol (spelled wrong) or something so that you do not get glynoclamastia or other side effects.
                            Deca for 3 or 4 years straight???? Or just here and there? That stuff does not do me any favors below the waist!!!! Yikes! Deca is a muscle hardener. Winstrol is a leaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUS00w33uM0"]Bob. Bob had ***** tits. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                                Playing devils advocate: If it kills your swimmers, you need to get blood tested, and you breakout like a 13 year old, you have to at least consider that this is not great for you?
                                Some studies have shown an increase in risk of heart attack, stroke and prostate cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X