• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you go single you never go back

Comment

yup, single pin is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
        Just sold my single pin. Going to a 3 pin slider. Deciding on a spot hogg or mbg.
        I went this route with Hogg Father. Gives you abilities single pin just can't especially elk hunting!

Comment

I bought a single pin and never put it on. Having to get a sticker made etc made me not do it. I was always curious about using a single pin during the rut when bucks come and go fast. To me it seems faster to range a few trees and get an idea of yardage and throw the bow up rather than do the sAme thing and remember to adjust the site. I really want to switch but im pretty fond of my IQ at the moment

Comment

Set my single pin at 20 yards, haven't had to move it. So much less complicated.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Tried it and it's not for me. Once I got hooked on the single pin the multi pin just confused me.

Comment

Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
                  Just sold my single pin. Going to a 3 pin slider. Deciding on a spot hogg or mbg.
                  ^ I went with MBG. I feel like I get the best of both.

Comment

Never again will I go back to the struggles of a Multi Pin.

Comment

Almost all my hunting is from stands with most shots under 30 yards. I've been shooting single pin sights for the last 10 years and won't go back to multi pins. If I did a lot of stalking like I did when I was younger I would use a multi pin sight.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
                        Almost all my hunting is from stands with most shots under 30 yards. I've been shooting single pin sights for the last 10 years and won't go back to multi pins. If I did a lot of stalking like I did when I was younger I would use a multi pin sight.

I don't even use multi pins for stalking or long range. I've been shooting single so long it's all second nature with a single and multi' just are clutter to me.

Comment

Anyone made the switch back to multi pin from single pin

Ive been shooting single pin since the 90s. Can't se a good reason to ever go to multi pin.

With the speed of todays bows, you can set it at 25 and drop it in the kill zone out to about 35.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                            I go back and forth between fixed and sliders. The last couple years I have been shooting Hogg fathers with either 3 or 4 pins. I use the 4 pins out west. Gives me fixed pins to 50 yds and I can dial to the yard to about 110-120 yds. It's the best of both worlds for me. I think single pins are better suited for deer hunting and stands but that is my opinion.
                            The above is correct!

I used an HHA slider for quite a while and liked it. However, I always felt as if I was remarking my distances for some reason?

I hunt from the ground for the most part felt that having to add an additional step was a greater risk of losing my chance at the shot.

I went back to a 5 multi pin black gold and am happy I did.

Again the additional step in adjusting distance wasnt what I was looking to do. However, some say they feel confident enough in the distances, so if they have set their slider at 30 they know where to aim for twenty and 40 depending? I got fairly comfortable at this with targets but didnt like the idea for hunting game.

I do like the openness of a single pin and having one pin to aim.

What it comes down to is confidence and hunting style!!! That to me would be the difference.

If I was a tree stand hunter I would probably do a single pin/slider.

But for everyting else I like a multi pin so I just aim the appropriate pin and shoot. I have mine set at 20 to 60 but would prob never take something beyond 40. So have even thought about just lowering the pins out of the way during hunting season.

Thats a really long opinion and hope it at least is honest in helping you make a choice.
                            Last edited by Heckmonkey; 09-18-2015, 11:46 AM. Reason: I usually close my eyes upon release so what do I know? j/k

Comment

I got a single pin with my new bow. I kept it for 2 weeks, then got me a 7 pin sight. I didn't like it at all

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                                I got a single pin with my new bow. I kept it for 2 weeks, then got me a 7 pin sight. I didn't like it at all

Didn't shoot it long enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X