Kansas Hunt 2018 Self-Filmed Video- "Lefty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Hunt 2018 Self-Filmed Video- "Lefty"

I got it done in Kansas the evening of 11/29. Had pics of an old buck with one really big left side and a funky right side. We named him Lefty and knew he was an awesome old buck and a good one to take if presented the opportunity. I decided to go hunt him since the Beanfield stand hadn’t been hunted since mid October when a guy killed a 175” giant in there, so the set was fresh and unmolested for over a month and half. I'll let the Video tell the rest of the story...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEWKaZx30iw"]Kansas 2018 "Lefty" - YouTube[/ame]

It was a special nite to have tagged out and also have my buddy tag an awesome deer as well. Not only did we tag but my other buddy who owns the land tagged out a few days earlier as well. So all 3 in camp had a big Kansas deer down that night. It was an epic week of hunting to say the least for these old boys.

After taking care of the deer, we went and ate a fine steak dinner and had some celebratory drinks and shared memories that’ll last a lifetime.

Now the countdown begins to 2019 when we do it all over again!

Good luck to all those still after em!
    Last edited by mdnabors; 12-09-2018, 09:12 PM.

Congrats on getting Lefty. He’s a cool buck!!!

Comment

Congratulations on a great buckand a super video!

Comment

Good stuff man! Congrats!

Skinny

Comment

Nice video and great shot!

Comment

Great deer and video! Congrats!

On a side note looking at that video I would have never guessed that arrow entered that far back. Nice adjustment on that last second turn.

Comment

Congratulations on the big old Kansas buck!

Comment

Excellent, all the way around!
                Last edited by QDM4fun; 12-09-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Very cool video! Congrats!

Comment

Matt, nice camera and editing work. Folks generally don’t understand how difficult this is. That was a bruiser of a buck. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congrats. Great video and buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job, Awesome buck

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                          Matt, nice camera and editing work. Folks generally don’t understand how difficult this is. That was a bruiser of a buck. Nice work!

Thanks for sharing.
                          This is true. You have to go through some heartache and missed opportunities to get the hang of self-filming. I hate I didn’t get more footage before the shot but that happens. I also didn’t setup my 2nd angle GoPro which woulda been cool to add.

Thanks to all for the kind words. Nothing like hunting big Kansas bucks, especially if you can bring the hunt back and share with everyone else.

Comment

Great job and deer.

-john

Comment

One of the best self videos I've ever seen. Very well done. Great shot! I can't believe how far back the entry was based on the video. Congrats to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X