Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you DISLIKE about your truck (past or present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003/ dodge/ 2500/ 4x4/ 5.9 Cummins

The only complaint I really have is the dash. I just got it out of the shop Friday and it cost right @ 1000.00 to replace the complete dash(parts and labor).

Comment

2002 f150 5.4 coil packs go out if they get wet

Comment

1999 dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins extended cab long bed-the only thing I hated about it is that I had to trade it in to get a mini van to haul babies around in!

2002 Dodge 1500 quad cab 4.7- gutless engine with crappy gas mileage, and the dash basically disintegrated around 90,000 miles. Total POS.

Comment

2011 GMC 1500 4x4 and until recently the only thing I disliked about my truck was the back up camera, it was in the rear view mirror. It was so small that it was hard to see, so I installed an aftermarket radio with a 8in screen, much better.

Comment

Had an 01 Ranger extended cab with the 3.0 V6 and a 5 speed manual transmission. Never had one problem with that truck but that engine had no power and did not get good mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              08 F 250 diesel extended cab 4x4 lwb. The only things I dont like about it was my fault but I would have had to order the truck and I didnt want to pay full retail. I wish it had roof clearance lights, manual shift transfer case and the helper springs on the rear end. The mileage isn't great but I have it lifted, large tires, bumpers, ect.

Your truck excels with a delete/tuner, have you done that yet?

My wife’s truck has the dial shifter (2016 1500 Longhorn Laramie)
              That truck is sweet. I like everything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Drove an acquaintance’s deleted F250. It’s just used as a ranch pickup, so it doesn’t get driven daily. But wowzers that thing is sure peppy! It may have a bunch of mods. Not really sure though. I’ve never driven a diesel pickup with that much power. Even pulling trailers it is surprisingly quick.

Comment

I am a loyal gmc customer but it’s about time they get their transmissions right ! Also cab space needs to be addressed!

Comment

Last two 6.7L F-250, anything to do with the emissions sensors.

Comment

4cylinder mode is crap- recently dropped a lifter because of it.
                      98 mph top speed limiter....
                      Too many sensors and computer controlled stuff

Comment

2014 F150 5.0 4x4 5'6"

- A\C doesn't get cold in the middle of the summer; lack of rear vents and perforated leather seats makes it a bit worse

- Transmission downshifts hard at stops and when accelerating on the highway. I've tried to grease the driveshaft yoke with no success, and have also had it in the shop at least 5 times for 2 weeks at a time with no improvement. Ford did increase my warranty to 75,000 miles, so I'll keep using it as needed until I get a programmer for it to change the shift pattern.

- Bluetooth sync is random; radio will come on even though I shut the truck off in Bluetooth mode.

- Low towing capacity compared to Chevy\Dodge (7,500# compared to 10,000#)

- Electronic shift of 4wd. Sometime it will engage...sometime not, especially if I need 4LO.

- 36 gallon tank

- 380 HP

- Very large back seat\leg room

- Exhaust sounds decent for stock, especially when you get on it

- Center console instead of fold down seat

- 5.0 V8 has so much space under the hood. If I have to change the belt, I won't have to lift the cab up to get to it

- HID lights

- 4LO has a lot of torque. I get out of ruts easier than 4HI.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went from an old school Jeep Grand Cherokee when they were still "real" Jeeps to a Toyota Tundra double cab, and the turn radius is still something I'm trying to get used to.
                          The Jeep could turn on a dime and give you change.

Comment

Two trucks ago: 2010 F150 Lariat. 4x4. Kept it for 100k and traded it in for reasons I don’t wanna get into. Amazing truck. Not a single complaint.

Last truck: 2014 F150 FX2. Bought for my wife but had to take it over. Long story. Drove it for 4 years and it did good except the transmission would upshift so hard into 2nd or 3rd, it felt like you were getting rear ended. That only happened while going downhill and then giving it a little bit of gas. Learned how not to make that happen. Traded that in on my current truck at 70k miles. And didn’t like that it was 2wd.

Current truck: 2018 F150 FX4 XLT Sport. CC. Plenty of room as always. 3.5 EB again. Love that engine. Big screen Nav, backup camera and katskinz leather seats. Only 5k miles so far but my most favorite truck ever. Love the 36 gal tank too!
                            Last edited by BowOnly81; 12-10-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 - Lumbar is adjustable in and out but not up and down and it just hits too low on my back for my liking. 104,000 and counting and the only other thing I've had to get replaced is the AC compressor, twice, but both times were under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Yes. It has had the "weight reductuon" since it was about a month old. The power is unreal for intake, exhaust and tune only.

Comment

Working...
                                X