X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig down. Before and after

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there anything in the $1500 range NV or Thermal that's worth having?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Is there anything in the $1500 range NV or Thermal that's worth having?

Absolutely. Your best bet is to call Jason with Outdoor Legacy Gear, tell him what your budget is and what type of hunting you want to do. He'll recommend something that will not only fit your budget but also meet your needs. I had a Sightmark Photon RT (night vision) that is well below your budget and works well. If you want to step up to thermal for a bit more than your budget, the Pulsar Core RXQ30V is a great entry level scope. No video capabilities but you'll be able to see animals much farther than you'll want to shoot. I have one I use as a handheld when hunting alone and as a loner when one of the boys is hunting with me.

Jason - Outdoor Legacy Gear - (877)350-1818

Also, check out The Late Night Vision Show on YouTube or podcast for various comparisons, reviews etc.

Comment

In fact:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have the RXQ30V mounted on an AR with a FSB?

I'd want to put it on my 6920. Have a scope on there now with no issue but not sure if it'll interfere with this sight.

Comment

Dremel tool will fix that FSB

I'd want to put it on my 6920. Have a scope on there now with no issue but not sure if it'll interfere with this sight.

Comment

I have a 6920 and a RXQ30V but never mounted the Core on the Colt. I’ll mount it and take a look.

Comment

I just mounted my Core to my Colt and there is a fair bit of a shadow or glow from the fsb. I hunt with a Trail XQ38 and have never noticed it but I can see a slight remnant from the fsb through it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                    I just mounted my Core to my Colt and there is a fair bit of a shadow or glow from the fsb. I hunt with a Trail XQ38 and have never noticed it but I can see a slight remnant from the fsb through it as well.
                    Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to check.

The more I've been reading into everything I'm thinking of probably grabbing a cheap upper off PSA and throwing the sightmark RT on it.

Get my feet wet and see if it's something I'll stick with.

Comment

Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to check.

The more I've been reading into everything I'm thinking of probably grabbing a cheap upper off PSA and throwing the sightmark RT on it.

Get my feet wet and see if it's something I'll stick with.

The IR will definitely bounce off of the fsb. I had one and took a piece of black plastic pvc from a sink drain and made a hood for the IR light. That worked great.

Comment

Thermal signature of the front sight post in front sight will obscure the thermal imagery in the site. It has to go

Comment

If anyone wants a photon shoot me a pm

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Bringing this thread back to the first page!!!

I had some success last week just before the full moon. Called and killed my first solo triple! Unfortunately all three had mange...

Using the Flir Scout II 240 and the Photon RT 4.5x42s (with external T-20 IR) I was able to capture some footage.

Coyote #1

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IbxK5ZEKN4"]3 DOG NIGHT... Number 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Coyote #2

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkk6x0aguj4"]3 DOG NIGHT... Number 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Coyote #3

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZH1tNKjgj4"]3 DOG NIGHT... Number 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Triple

Moved locations about a mile and a half West for this one. This smaller female didn't have mange and brought $40 (carcass) from the fur buyer. Used the zoom function of the Photon RT to make this 215 yd shot easier.

Coyote #4 (with good fur!)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRGEi3ZCI9U"]Coyote w/ Sightmark Photon RT 4.5x42s - YouTube[/ame]

Hero shot selfie

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

(And hope you get everything you wanted from Jason at OutdoorLegacyGear.. er... uh.... I mean SANTA!)

-PharmerJon
                            Last edited by PharmerJon; 12-24-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

My apologies if this has been answered, but what does a guy have to spend to hunt with thermal inside 75 yards? Most of my shots would be 20 yards from the bow stand for hogs at night.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                                My apologies if this has been answered, but what does a guy have to spend to hunt with thermal inside 75 yards? Most of my shots would be 20 yards from the bow stand for hogs at night.

With thermal, around 2 grand. With digital night vision, around $600. Check out OutdoorLegacyGear.com then call Jason, the owner and let him know your budget and what you want to do with it. He’ll steer you in the right direction. You can also check out The Late Night Vision Show on YouTube. They’ve reviewed quite a few of the most popular options.

Comment

Working...
                                X