New F150 diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New F150 diesel

The techs at the Ford dealership said a Ford engineer brought in the new F150 3.0 V6 Powerstroke last week. Said the motor weighs 620 pounds and it has a timing belt in the back of the motor that will need replaced every 150,000 miles.

250 hp, 10 speed transmission with 3:73 diff, but a 4:10 ratio would be optional. Supposed to compete with new GM diesel 1/2 ton.

The techs were already complaining about the timing belt in the back of the motor. They aint making anything easy to work on.

Leave it to Ford to take a different path from tried and true diesel engines and experiment at the cost of consumers.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

I'll stick with gas from here on out unless they do away with the epa standards on diesels

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          ...and it has a timing belt in the back of the motor that will need replaced every 150,000 miles.

#engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was a tech I wouldn’t give a &$&% if the timing belt was inside the radiator. They get paid by the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Leave it to Ford to take a different path from tried and true diesel engines and experiment at the cost of consumers.
              The first light bulb ever made.... still works. But Chevy can’t keep one burning 15k miles. Other that check engine light, those burn non stop

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                If I was a tech I wouldn’t give a &$&% if the timing belt was inside the radiator. They get paid by the hour.
                They do not get the same flag hours on warranty work, manufacturers try to keep repair labor cost at a minimum. Thats why they were complaining. Sometimes warranty work does not pay so good, ask any commission tech what he thinks about warranty work and they dont think much of it. Most prefer CP(customer pay) work and the incentive to work faster and smarter kicks in.

Comment

It’s OK. You’ll be able to service the belt every time you put another 10speed tranny in it

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    The first light bulb ever made.... still works. But Chevy can’t keep one burning 15k miles. Other that check engine light, those burn non stop
                    I think GM is going to have some sort of inline diesel for the 1/2 tons. I dont see the attraction to a diesel in the 1/2 ton, but they might be a market for it.

Comment

Loving my 7.3L more every day.

Comment

What kind of fuel mileage on the F150 and chev 1/2 ton?

Comment

That's interesting!

Comment

New F150 diesel

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I think GM is going to have some sort of inline diesel for the 1/2 tons. I dont see the attraction to a diesel in the 1/2 ton, but they might be a market for it.

4 banger, for those that want a truck but not really

Comment

I got the diesel in the Dodge 1500. So far so good! 22mpg, mostly city, with oversized 10ply tires is the advantage. My F150 Eco got 15 in same driving conditions with stock tires lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X