Anybody use Buck Ration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody use Buck Ration?

I was at the feed store by my office in downtown McKinney and the owner was talking about Buck Ration. It is locally made and he was endorsing it pretty heavily. $9 for 50 lb. bag. Anyone ever tried it? I might be interested in it to add to a throw feeder.
    Buck Ration is a high protein deer feed you can feed in a protein feeder or a timed feeder. Made with corn and roasted soybean mix.

My local market said they just had a $1 price increase this week. I have never used it, but they stay sold out pretty regularly, there.

Comment

Appears to be soybean/corn mix, nothing crazy or new.

Comment

It is a roasted soybean and corn mix. Been using it for years and the deer love it. Deer will walk over a pile of corn to eat the buck rations. The roasting makes all the difference.

Comment

I started using it last year, the deer can not get enough. I'm using a gravity feeder but may have to change to a traditional thrower. To me the deer on our place are starting to look a lot healthier, can't wait to see them grow bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Appears to be soybean/corn mix, nothing crazy or new.
            I was picking up a couple of bales of straw (use it as mulch for my garden) and that is what started the conversation. I asked if he carried any soybeans or peas to mix in with corn. He said, I got something even better. He said the roasted beans make a huge difference.

Comment

I think it is worth it. I have been using it for 4 years. Every year deer have looked better and better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Multiple companies offer roasted soybeans, for those saying it makes a difference spinning it...well, you need a better protein plan. It will work great for an attractant, nothing more.

QUOTE=No-Tox;13554091]I was picking up a couple of bales of straw (use it as mulch for my garden) and that is what started the conversation. I asked if he carried any soybeans or peas to mix in with corn. He said, I got something even better. He said the roasted beans make a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Multiple companies offer roasted soybeans, for those saying it makes a difference spinning it...well, you need a better protein plan. It will work great for an attractant, nothing more.

QUOTE=No-Tox;13554091]I was picking up a couple of bales of straw (use it as mulch for my garden) and that is what started the conversation. I asked if he carried any soybeans or peas to mix in with corn. He said, I got something even better. He said the roasted beans make a huge difference.
                  [/QUOTE]

Whatever...............

Comment

Working...
                  X