nebraska mule deer/whitetail hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nebraska mule deer/whitetail hunting

I'm considering trying it out. i drive right thru there normally on my way to montana. anyone with any knowledge or experience hunting there? i briefly looked over their site earlier. still cant determine if you can just buy a otc and go hunt public land or not. read somewhere about having to draw. I'm looking at the central/west to far west, panhandle area of the state.

Go for it. However, Nebraska is mostly private land, similar to Texas. Might be a pain to find public.

Comment

Nebraska has a national forest, public land...look up Halsey, be...just west of there is the forest...OTC tags...not cheap, but lots of deer come out of the forest...mostly mulies as they had a serious at die off

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
        I'm considering trying it out. i drive right thru there normally on my way to montana. anyone with any knowledge or experience hunting there? i briefly looked over their site earlier. still cant determine if you can just buy a otc and go hunt public land or not. read somewhere about having to draw. I'm looking at the central/west to far west, panhandle area of the state.
        For archery, unlimited OTC tags are available for deer for something like $270.00. That is a pretty **** good deal. There is not as much public land as Western states, but there is some. Nebraska game and fish has a pretty good map showing units and public land in those units.

I'd think the thing to do would be to scout around on the way back from a trip to MT or WY and maybe knock on some doors for next year because I am sure the private land gets pounded pretty good.
        Last edited by El General; 03-15-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X