? For People W Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? For People W Labs

How many of you have dogs you can shoot by and it doesn't bother them but they get nervous with fireworks or thunder?

My dog Abby loved shotguns and fireworks but she hated thunder. I'm thinking she developed the hate for thunder because if the light went off, the fire alarms started chirping and made an even louder chirp when the lights came back on. She hated those chirps. She would shake like crazy. Shotguns and fireworks would have her looking for birds and wagging her tail like lets go, but thunder was a no go!..

Comment

Kalani dog sleeps through anything

Comment

My GSP luckily doesn't have any issues with any of that.

Comment

My lab has been hunting with me since 9 months and still goes crazy over thunder and fireworks. He is 7years old now

Comment

My lab will hunt all day but can't stand fireworks. She is ok with thunder

Comment

Fine with the guns. But hates fireworks or thunder. Lab 5years old

Comment

My lab doesn't like thunder and he's acts like big chicken when it starts booming outside. I think one time when he was a puppy he got left outside in the pen during a storm and our other lab wouldn't let him in the dog house. He's fine with fireworks and anytime I pull a gun out of the safe he gets all kinds of excited and thinks we're going hunting.

Comment

Have a lab that just turned 1...she does fine around guns and thunder...yet to have her around fireworks. I've found that extra attention around the loud noises keeps her confident all is well. When I first dove hunted with her I paid extra attention to her, petting/verbally reassuring her; seemed like it helped build confidence and all was "OK".

Comment

My Lab has no issues with guns, fireworks or thunder.

Comment

12 year old lab. Fine around guns. Has been nervous with thunder for the past couple years. Vet said it was just being old. How old people are more nervous about stuff than younger people.

Comment

Out of 9 labs between my dad and I, never seen one that was scared of guns. Did have 2 that hated thunder and lighting.

Also had one that was bat **** crazy anyway but would chase fireworks. One time during a roman candle war I thew one at a buddy. This dog proceeds to pick up said LIT roman candle and bring it back while its shooting balls of fire. Made for an interesting retreat

Comment

my 10YO lab, would kill himself trying to get away from thunder. I found him pinned under the gate one night. He tried to dig out on his side. There was no stopping him, when he was that scared...

Comment

I have had two labs that were fine with guns, but would freak out on thunder and fireworks. Got worse as they got older. Had one try and jump thru our picture window. and would go straight thru a cedar fence. And clawed and bit half way thru a solid core door. Shot guns no problems, couldn't wait for the next bird to fall.

Comment

I have one that hates fireworks or thunder. She has gotten worse with age. Gun shots do not bother her though. The other doesn't care about loud noises at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X