AR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR...

How difficult is it to build an AR? I see kits in barious catalogs, and it looks like i can build my own for about 400 dollars...is this the way to go? Is it safe? Can a hobbyist with reasonable skill build one safely?

Yes they are not hard to build. Uppers can get tricky you'll need a vice and punches but a lower is very simple to put together

Comment

I was recently in the same boat as I built my first last year. Don't be overwhelmed by the abundance of info. It's a lot more easier than it seems. With a little mechanical know-how and some research, you can do it. If I can do it, anyone can

PSA has some great build kits.

Comment

They're easy to make. I made mine in my living room apartment in college watching a YouTube video.

Comment

Very easy. Have fun

Comment

Very easy. Let your best buddy fire the first few rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
              How difficult is it to build an AR? I see kits in barious catalogs, and it looks like i can build my own for about 400 dollars...is this the way to go? Is it safe? Can a hobbyist with reasonable skill build one safely?
              I can and have built many for less than 400.00 in the last twelve months. It can be done without any specialty tools but they make the job much easier!

Comment

If you are anywhere near Franklin Texas or can get here. Buy a kit and come out we will throw it together! Takes less than two hours from start to finish. If you buy a built upper it's less than an hour.

Comment

It's easy and kind of fun. I've built several, but mine aren't that cheap, because I spend money on better components.

Comment

You can get a complete upper (223 Wylde) from Primary Arms for $149 and complete lower from PSA for $129. Then you only need magazines.

Comment

You can buy a whole ar for less than $400 nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                      X