Clear All

On your WIN10 machine, using the I'M CORTANA "ASK ME ANYTHING" menu, type

DEVICE MANAGER

SELECT NETWORK ADAPTERS

FIND YOUR WIFI ADAPTER AND RIGHT CLICK IT
    THEN CLICK UPDATE DRIVERS
    SELECT BROWSE MY COMPUTER
    SELECT LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER –

From the list of Wireless Drivers displayed, you may need to install each one individually. The computer will go through loading the driver individually. Once the driver is installed, check your WIFI network for Internet connectivity.

I would work from the top of the list, and move down...following the steps mentioned above.

The hope, one of the drivers your WIN10 platform see's, is the correct WIFI driver for INET access.

Comment

ipconfig release ipconfig renew...

Comment

What OS are you running before we get carried away here?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          What OS are you running before we get carried away here?
          He's running Win10

Comment

Did not get a chance to mess with it tonight. Too much else going on.

Comment

Well back at it tonight. Unplugged the cat5 from my home computer and plugged in to the Laptop. No good. Shows no valid IP address on it also.

Comment

Is any device on your wifi network getting an IP address.

Comment

I am not a computer genius by any stretch of the imagination but awhile back after my computer updated on it's own. I hate that. I had a similar problem. Not sure of what the actual problem was but if I disabled my anti virus protection I was able to connect to the internet. I travel a lot for work have to send in reports daily so I was able to use my computer for work but did not browse the internet without anti virus protection. Eventually after fighting with it for a couple of weeks and not finding a fix I recovered my computer to a previous date and the issue went away.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                    Is any device on your wifi network getting an IP address.
                    Disregard... I see you are not getting an IP address at all it seems.

if you do an ipconfig, are you getting a gateway IP address? If so, go,to that address in your browser and see what's going on with your device.

What about a smart phone or iPad?

Comment

I am on smart phone thru wifi right now.

Comment

If you go back to WiFi and do an ipconfig /all what IP info does it show for your WiFi device?

Also if it has an IP address, try and ping Google.com and verify you get a good response.

If it doesn't have an IP address, do an ipconfig /renew and see if it picks one up.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                          Well back at it tonight. Unplugged the cat5 from my home computer and plugged in to the Laptop. No good. Shows no valid IP address on it also.
                          Turn the laptop off and leave the CAT 5 cable plugged into it.

Turn off your Internet provider's equipment. Shut everything down, and simply restart it all, after waiting about 30 seconds after power off.

Turn the laptop on.

Check for connectivity.

If that doesn't work, make sure your Laptop's network settings, doesn't have a PROXY SERVER setup within its configuration. I am assuming your Internet service provider doesn't have you using a proxy server, to connect to the Internet.

Follow this link - and simply make sure these settings are TURNED-OFF

Where to find your proxy settings in Windows 10? How to configure the proxy settings. Where to enter the proxy setup script address.

Comment

Working...
                          X