Divorce Lawyer Retainer Fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce Lawyer Retainer Fee?

What price range is typical for a divorce attorny retainer fee in the Travis/Williamson County area?

pretty pricey if you want to win

Comment

Mine was 2500 retainer and ended up costing me 10k

Comment

alot cheaper if divorce wasnt an option

Seriously tho.....couple K

Comment

I would say 3500-5000

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            alot cheaper if divorce wasnt an option

Seriously tho.....couple K

Smart ***. I don't know this guys situation but marriage an commitment always requires 2 people.

Comment

I am 16 months into a contested divorce. On my 3rd lawyer. I paid 2500 for the first two then 5000 for the last. First lawyer retired man I loved him, second lawyer turned out to be a settling lawyer and once she figured out that my wife wasn't going to settle she started trying to talk me into it. Now I have my third and she is a bear. Very worth the money but its a pain. Oh if its contested plan on it being expensive and a long process. I do have custody of my boys and she is fighting it, but now their tactic is try and out spend me. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask... By the way that money is like a prepaid visa... you are just making a deposit, but expect the better lawyers to have higher retainers. (call all the good lawyers in town and talk to them about your case hire the best and then you can prevent the ex from using the other good ones.)

Comment

$2500 3 years ago

Comment

Usually the lawyers that turn out to be a "pain" are the better ones. Not sure about the price in your area, thank God my divorce was child free and uncontested. Best luck to you, these things are never fun.

Comment

Paid 10k to each lawyer then fired them both and started over...20k wasted

Comment

Mine was involving child custody, but was 10k. 5k for every trial day if it went that far. That doesn't include all the other humpteen bagillion charges though.

Comment

If you need a good divorce lawyer PM me, my gf works for one in the Houston area and can probably get you a good deal.. I believe the retainer is pretty low

Comment

Thanks for the information. I've spoken to one attorney that will require 5,000 to 7,500.00- depdeding on the circumstances. I just wanted to see if that's reasonable. I've been told that a good attorney is worth it in the long run.

Comment

Divorce sucks, prayers sent.

Can't ya'll come to terms before going to a attorney? Kids? Property involved? How long have you been married? Did either one of you cheat?

Comment

Mine was 2500 on top of the 25.00 a phone call very expensive but well worth it ! Good luck to you .

Comment

Working...
                              X