Will this 10 point make P&Y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this 10 point make P&Y?

I had this buck quartering away at 15 yards Friday evening. Only shot him with the camera.

What age and score would you guess?

He'll be close to 125. Not sure if he'll get there or not, but will be close. 3.5 - 4.5 yrs old - I think 4.5. Double throat patch is cool. Love the knuckle on the G2. That had to be a hard pass decision. Pretty buck.

Comment

if you arnt in too much of a hurry id let him walk till next year or year after that. then he will no doubt.

Comment

I think no!!! Nice buck but wont quite make 125. hard to tell between 3.5/4.5

Comment

Nice buck 3-3.5 maybe 125.

Comment

i dont think so...give him another year and he then give him an arrow.. great buck

Comment

I'm guessing 120". I've about quit trying to guess their age.

Comment

Id let him walk

Comment

I just hope he survives the season. He frequently travels onto a neighboring property where the rifles don't practice discretion. As he would already be my best bow buck just as he is, I would probably go ahead and take him if I knew he'd make P&Y, even knowing he's a 4.5 year old at most.

I would love to see what he looks like next year, but as this season goes on, he'll be harder to pass up. No promises!

That's assuming I even see him again. You know how that goes. At the very least, I would love some more photo ops with this guy.

Comment

Man if he makes it to next year he could be really good. Do what you think you need to do, but the only way you get BIG BIG deer is to let the big deer walk. Dont shoot him just because you think someone across the fence might. Gets tough to pass them up, but you just have to.

Comment

3.5 125" very close

Comment

Nice pictures.

Comment

3.5 and 115 at the most. There is no way he is 125, no mass what so ever. If you think the neighbors will kill him, then you should take him. Nice buck with bow to most ppl. p&y is 125

Comment

I don't think he'll make py and I'm normally a let em grow kind of guy.

I don't know your circumstances but if he's the best bow buck you've had a crack at, I'd let the air out of him. then you scratch a below 125 10 point and first buck off the list. Allows for more patience later.

If your gonna eat him and your proud to have killed him. Then by all means let it fly.

Comment

is this a hill country deer? he sure looks it and I'll tell you they always surprise me on their age.

if it is send these pictures to Chance Love and ask him the age. I see some things in his face and body that tell me he's not 3.5 and other things that make me 100% sure he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X