No announcement yet.

Euro mount help... ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an elk where antlers had been cut for a mount, although I had asked to leave the skull for a european mount. Taxi used a repro skull. after finishing he brushed on some light baby powder and glue on the replica skull to give it a more naural texture. Looks pretty good. I was happy

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
      Hadn’t thought of that... y’all got and videos or how too’s of that process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Have you checked youtube? There's probably all kinds of video help on there.

Comment

Had a mishap like that on a smaller axis. ended up capping the skull then wrapping it with a piece of leather to mount on an angled board. It looked pretty neat when it was completed.

Comment

Most taxidermy supply companies sale ones like these.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ended up being real careful and even using some bones off another of my euros- not perfect but looks okY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!

Love those split brows. I think you done good sir.

Comment

That turned out pretty dang good. I was expecting much worse from your OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  That turned out pretty dang good. I was expecting much worse from your OP.
                  glue and a long history of building models may have contributed to the fact it still kind of looks like a whitetail deer euro mount

Comment

Looks pretty darn good.

Comment

Looks good! I'm in the same boat. Was going to do a euro for my nephew and messed up. I got it fleshed out and started boiling it. Had to leave for a bit...a bit turned in to longer than expected. Came back to find that all of the water had boiled out of the bottom of the pot and the skull was pretty much charcoal. Tried to salvage it but half of it just crumbled to pieces. So I capped it. Still thinking about trying the Mountain Mike plastic euro. I've used one before and it's ok. I figure out afterwards that the trick is getting the correct size skull and getting the angle right. Otherwise it doesn't look natural.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                        was doing a euro for my friend’s latest whitetail. Well- got most of the stuff off the skill and went to town for supper. Got back and the dog had found a way to get the head and chewed it. Broke bones around nasal cavity and the front part of the the nose. I can’t find the bones and he chewed on it pretty good.

Anyone had any luck with those reproduction skulls? They look good? Gosh- stinkin dog
                        lol!

Comment

Good save brother!!

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                            Most taxidermy supply companies sale ones like these.
                            Those look real good

Comment

looks good to me

Comment

Working...
                              X