Price of Turkey Hunting Land Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of Turkey Hunting Land Questions

I hear most people talking about deer leases and exotics and such...but what do places that charge to hunt turkey's normally get for a hunt? I've looked online at several, but it always has guides and food and more fluff than just a good hunt for turkeys. A couple of people I am acquaintances with were talking about going on a hunt in Mason, but never heard a number.
    A buddy is considering doing some hunts on a place, but have no idea what to charge.
    Thanks

I hear $300 per bird as pretty standard.

Comment

It depends on what is included. I have turkey hunted the same ranch since 2004 and it’s cheap, but no place to stay. Another spot I have hunted is $400 for 3 days and 2 gobblers but you have a nice cabin.

I wouldn’t personally pay more than $500.

Comment

If you think $400 for a three day hunt with lodging and food. I think is not bad.

Comment

I'm going to south Texas next month for 150 per day and 200-300 kill fee depending on beard length.

Comment

The cost of turkey hunts in Texas has skyrocketed in recent years primarily due to out of state hunters. It's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
              I'm going to south Texas next month for 150 per day and 200-300 kill fee depending on beard length.
              Man, never thought the day would come that kill fee depended on beard length! I guess that time is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                Jakes should be pretty cheap then......

Comment

We did a few turkey hunts on our place between Mason and Menard. It was a nice place to stay and semi guided but they brought their own food etc. We charged $750 a person and they could kill 2 birds (no guarantee)

We had lots of people willing to do it. We stopped because the turkey have virtually vanished on our place. We used to have thousands.

You have to factor in the increased liability of having people on your place and the value to the land owner/lease members.

I'm not driving up to our place and take care of hunters for $400. It is just not worth it to me. Of course, everyone is different.
                  Last edited by 220swift; 03-05-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

My dad was on a western hill country lease of 6000 aces. They leased the entire place with full feeders to a group of 4 for $6000. They had full run of the place including a cabin for the first two weeks of season. They were allowed the full limit of birds, hogs, predators and 1 fallow doe each.

It was an awesome turkey place with numerous drainages holding good roosting areas and wide open flats to set up the dekes and call. I hunted it twice after they left and while the birds were a little scattered by then I still had good hunts.

Due to this program they didn't allow any turkeys to be killed during deer season. Which I agree with if you like to hunt strutters in the spring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                      Man, never thought the day would come that kill fee depended on beard length! I guess that time is now.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                      Nope it just makes the old toms trophies and pricy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                        Lol, yeah! The rules state no jakes allowed, 6'' minimum beard length.

Comment

Good info, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                            We did a few turkey hunts on our place between Mason and Menard. It was a nice place to stay and semi guided but they brought their own food etc. We charged $750 a person and they could kill 2 birds (no guarantee)

We had lots of people willing to do it. We stopped because the turkey have virtually vanished on our place. We used to have thousands.

You have to factor in the increased liability of having people on your place and the value to the land owner/lease members.

I'm not driving up to our place and take care of hunters for $400. It is just not worth it to me. Of course, everyone is different.

Do you know what caused such a big population decrease? My place has no turkeys except a couple jakes that show up in spring. I was told there used to be a good population.

Comment

I'm a Spring turkey hunting outfitter in South Texas and I offer both the
                              all inclusive package hunt and one for the DIY hunter. With the DIY package
                              I offer lodging and the place to hunt, you do your own meals.
                              Three day hunt, 2 bird limit, $350 per day. A third bird costs extra.

Comment

Working...
                              X