Boat trailer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat trailer ?

It's about time to replace the galvanized trailer.

2001 blue wave 2200 classic. so 22' center console

Aluminum would be nice but I'm not sure it's worth buying for a 20 year old boat when the galvanized has lasted that long. It will see fresh and salt.

Best places to shop?

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    It's about time to replace the galvanized trailer.

2001 blue wave 2200 classic. so 22' center console

Aluminum would be nice but I'm not sure it's worth buying for a 20 year old boat when the galvanized has lasted that long. It will see fresh and salt.

Best places to shop?
    I bought my replacement in Santa Fe tx from sportsman

Comment

Bought an alum trailer for mine about 3/4 yrs ago. galvanized was 14 yrs old and DRT. Checked 'em both and the aluminums were only a coupla hunnert more than the galv. Not sure what the diff is now.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        I bought my replacement in Santa Fe tx from sportsman
        Sadly Sportsman went out of business years ago. McClain is a good option.

Comment

Ttt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you will find that the price between aluminum and galvanized isn't what you think it is anymore. Last time I looked at buying a new trailer by itself it didn't make any sense to buy galvanized even though I was totally ok with either option. There just wasn't much difference in price.

Look at Coastline in Seadrift, McClain in Houston, 5th Lake in Edna and Tex-All trailers in Montgomery. I can't say for sure that one is any better than the other but I have had good luck with Coastline trailers and mixed luck with McClain trailers though my last two McClains were OK.
            Last edited by Capt Glenn; 03-05-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Reach out to Gander, he had a couple last year he was trying to get ride of.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
              X