X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bring your own toilet paper.

don't ask to borrow my knife.

Comment

Great post. All of these fall under either common sense or common courtesy. Neither of which seem to be common anymore.

Comment

Don't call your wife and kids on speaker by the campfire. It's nice the kids potty training is going well but not necessary to share.

Show up for work weekends with tools.

Help keep feeders full during the season.

Allowing guest hunters does not give you permission to add an unpaid lease member.

If you bring a guest make sure they know all the unwritten rules.

Comment

Don’t change the feed timer on someone else’s feeder!

Comment

So many complaints about guests yet so much grief given when a lease has a no guests policy.

Mind boggling

Comment

And not one mention about a cuss bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                And not one mention about a cuss bucket.
                Probably because we are talking about deer camp and not sunday school.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  bring your own toilet paper.

don't ask to borrow my knife.
                  lol

Comment

Fun bunch around here.....

Comment

Kind of like a football team, every lease member has their position. There is the cook (like the QB and arguably the most important) -if this isn't you, offer to buy the groceries, wash dishes and at a minimum bring Fritos and bean dip, you can never go wrong with Fritos and bean dip. There is the bartender (second most important). This guy is focused on all things drinkable. If this is not you occasionally bring a nice bottle of whiskey or case of beer or something to help. Next you have the blockers and tacklers. These are the unsung heros that work their sack off clearing shooting lanes, cleaning blinds, filling feeders, creating new hunting locations, skinning deer, cleaning dove etc. This is not an easy position but one that any human can do by simply jumping in and helping. Bottom line is everyone has a skill or favorite thing, find yours and use it.

Oh and people don't own deer. Just because you saw a buck and didn't get a shot, you do not own him. (Unless of course you guys have a discussion and say ol Jimmy Joe has been chasing that buck for six years, he's off limits to the group except Jimmy Joe) If your buddy shoots him, be happy, revel in the victories of the camp. Nothing worse than sour grapes whispering behind the scenes that Jimmy Joe shot your buck. Oh and depending on the lease and your group, be willing to pass on a buck, just because you bought a spot doesn't mean you have to fill your tag every year. Don't be the guy that says I bought my ticket, I am shooting something. There is infinitely much more to deer camp than just shooting something. People that don't hunt do not understand this.

Comment

[QUOTE=GA Bowhunter;15504963

If you bring a skank from the VFW to camp you are responsible for her. Keep her in your camper and get her out of camp before the sun rises.[/QUOTE]

Impossible if she finds herself in a camp full of men, she will wander. Always looking to upgrade

Comment

Hunt your own blind, unless you have permission to hunt out of the other persons.

Comment

Don't sleep naked (especially in a bunk room)

Don't let your drunk friend pee in a closet in the middle of the night

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              It really depends on the girl. I dont know your girl so I'm just talking from past experience here but if she is the only gal in camp and likes to walk around camp in skimpy cloths there will be problems. Group with several other girls, less problems but the girls will get into a spat for sure.

Wrong. There are several other wives who come all the time and/hunt. There’s never been a “spat” in the 4 years I’ve been there.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                just because you bought a spot doesn't mean you have to fill your tag every year. Don't be the guy that says I bought my ticket, I am shooting something. There is infinitely much more to deer camp than just shooting something. People that don't hunt do not understand this.
                                We have two guys on our lease that are this guy. By God come the last weekend and they haven't killed a buck, something is gonna die. I'll be danged if it isn't always some nice up and comer 4 year old 150" buck. Then to top it off they cut the horns out and leave them on the floor in their room in the camp house. And that's right where they stay forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X